Halloween Horror Nights 2017?

I sent a message via the Facebook site to see if they could tell me when add on tickets might be available, but I've had no response at all and it's been a few days - despite Facebook telling me they typically respond instantly! :sad2:
If you have your park tickets just wait until the HHN tickets are available. You should have absolutely no problems getting the date or dates you want.

$175 per person after taxes for a ticket and EP with AP discount. That wasnt bad at all.
Going October 1st. See yall there!

I need to buy a day ticket as well as a HHN evening ticket and feel like in the past you've been able to get a discounted HHN rate when buying with a day ticket...
Does this option not exist anymore? I can't see it?
Surprised there's still nothing been released for this... I'm just not patient enough!

Surprised there's still nothing been released for this... I'm just not patient enough!
I have a vacation package booked with day tickets, HHN tickets and HHN EP. I actually called Universal to cancel my HHN ticket (for $89.00) because I'd learned that the add-on HHN ticket is much cheaper. Of course the person on the phone wanted to talk me out of it so I also mentioned that the Coca Cola UPC code offer was another option I could live with ($59.00), but it only comes up on the website if you are buying tickets only and not if you are booking a package. The CSR then changed my HHN ticket to a Coca Cola UPC ticket which I think is close to the add-on price (at least historically, since they haven't yet released anything about add-on prices that I'm aware of).

Is it usually announced on the website? I don't remember seeing anything in the past. This is normally pushed at the parks more so than online since you have to have the park tickets already bought.

Is it usually announced on the website? I don't remember seeing anything in the past. This is normally pushed at the parks more so than online since you have to have the park tickets already bought.
I thought I'd seen it in the past.

I might try calling to see if they have any add on options, I've been waiting to buy my day pass as I thought I could do it all together with the reduced add on for HHN online at the same time...

If not, it's interesting that there isn't a specific night purchase option (other than if you have a Coca Cola code) and that you'd have to buy a flex ticket which only specifies certain days during the week.

Last edited:
OK, could someone walk me through this. It's my first time for HHN. Going with my adult dd, on Oct 31st. We're arriving at WDW late on the 30th, planning on driving over to US early on the 31st, then staying for HHN. I'll have an AP, dd will have a day pass.
What's the best/cheapest way to book? Am I better off getting room for the night, and adding HHN passes to that? Or just booking the passes separately? Same with the express pass for the night. Looks like this one day/night is going to be pricey. But, maybe my US employee dd will be lucky enough to be working that day/night, and we'll get to see her in action. Hoping she might be able to get my adult dd in with a comp pass, which would save her some money.
Any thoughts? Thanks.

I've never really priced up the hotel/ticket packages, but it would give you free Express during the day...
You can buy reduced price HHN tickets with a AP discount, I think the Coca Cola discount is about the same as this.
For HHN the Express aren't ever discounted as far as I'm aware.

First wanted to direct you to the Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread. There you will find all things HHN you need.

Breaking down the packages verses paying separately and running numbers is your best bet. This will help you find a deal that suits your pocket book.

You only get Unlimited Express pass included when staying at RPR, HRH and PBH. This pass is only good during the regular park hours. That Unlimited Express is good for day of check in and check out.

There are two Express Pass purchase options also. Express (one express ride per ride choice and Unlimited Express pass which is Unlimited rides on ride choices).

Looks like the APH packages includes stay at Sapphire Falls as their preferred option package and Cabana Bay as the prime budget package.

Staying onsite will give you the option to come back to resort for a break during the day before you head back to HHN during the evening.

The preferred package includes the night at the resort, your HHN ticket for the night and the 2017 HHN pin. That package with Express purchased separately for the night of 10/31 would be about $256.00 per person with estimated tax and parking. Remember that does not include your Unlimited Express during the day. Prime package at Cabana Bay with Express purchase separately about 248.00 per person with estimated taxes.

Remember If you choose the packages and want the Unlimited Express Pass for the regular park hours that will be extra cost per person.

Looking at that date now you could get the room at HRH for 329.00 for both of you and you need to add $ 22.00 for parking per night and taxes to that. Buy your ticket with the coca-cola discount for two people at 59.99 each = 120.00 and Express pass for that night of HHN is 89.99 each =179.98. Which puts you about $ 694.98 with rough estimate on taxes. This option will get you unlimited Express for the day you check in and the day you check out. It will also give you the option of coming back to the resort and resting before you to HHN that evening.

You could lock in your room now and keep watching for present rate and watch for AP discounts and call and get the better price.

So your looking at a difference of about $ 182.98 on separate room at HRH with Unlimited Express pass for the regular park hours included for day you check in and out, HHN ticket for one night, HHN Express purchase verses package adding HHN Express purchase.

HHN ticket with AP discount for the 10-31 is $ 59.99 + HHN Express $ 89.99 = 149.98 x 2 = 299.96 plus tax.

You need to factor in the cost of your daughters day ticket and your AP cost to above prices.

If it were me I would book the room separate at best rate at RPR, HRH or PBH (watch for the room price to drop with AP discount if it does) buy the AP discounted HHN ticket for the night and the Express for HHN for that night.

With this option you will have Unlimited Express for 2 days, admission for your HHN that evening and your Express for HHN and the ability to come back to your resort and freshen up and rest before the night of terror ::yes::

No matter what option you choose have a great time at HHN with your daughter. You will both have a blast pixiedust:

Last edited:
UO employees can get a number of comp tickets.
Talk to your daughter that works at UO about that.

Oct 31 is a Tuesday.
Do not know the if the communites in Florida have trick or treating on a week night or honor the event on specific dates.

If trick and treating is allowed on a Tuesday, could make lighter crowds on the 31st.
just a thought for those local.

That week night could be lighter in the evening as many would be working the next day

I see the final reveal has been done!

Any thoughts on if the VR experience is worth it?

I believe it is confirmed that the VR experience info was accidentally listed (I heard it was the info from last year). By the way, join us in the discussions at the Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread that is stickied at the top of this forum. :)

I believe it is confirmed that the VR experience info was accidentally listed (I heard it was the info from last year). By the way, join us in the discussions at the Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread that is stickied at the top of this forum. :)
So, not happening this year?

Will do, thanks, didn't realise there was another thread! Thought it was quiet here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!