Halloween on the Fantasy? - Western Caribbean

ArielSparrow

wanderin' free
Some of us have been concerned for a few months after Disney told someone in the 9/29 Facebook group that Halloween isn't on one night anymore and it may not necessarily be on a casual night. I tried reaching out to Disney and they told me that
  1. activities aren't determined until we board (I'd have thought Disney is more organized than that)
  2. ships don't share details their activities with the call center (when I asked how it was for the 9/1 sailing).
So can someone from the 9/1 Fantasy Halloween on the High Seas itinerary let us know when the parties were? I like my semi-formal and formal outfits and don't want to have to choose between that and a costume. It also doesn't sound as fun that people might be wearing costumes on different nights rather than at the same time.

Some of us have been concerned for a few months after Disney told someone in the 9/29 Facebook group that Halloween isn't on one night anymore and it may not necessarily be on a casual night. I tried reaching out to Disney and they told me that
  1. activities aren't determined until we board (I'd have thought Disney is more organized than that)
  2. ships don't share details their activities with the call center (when I asked how it was for the 9/1 sailing).
So can someone from the 9/1 Fantasy Halloween on the High Seas itinerary let us know when the parties were? I like my semi-formal and formal outfits and don't want to have to choose between that and a costume. It also doesn't sound as fun that people might be wearing costumes on different nights rather than at the same time.
I would doubt that DCL would schedule Halloween activities on a formal or semi-formal night.

Based on past navigators from last year's HOTHS cruises, it's most likely to be

Cruise casual
Formal Night
Halloween
Cruise Casual
Pirate Night
Semi formal night
Cruise casual

I have planned my outfits so they better not go changing things! I think the only time they combine some of these things is for the 3 and 4 day cruises.

There's also the fact that the Halloween decorations are up during the whole cruise. Maybe that's why some people think it's on multiple days. That and some Cruise Meet groups set up Trick or Treating for their group not necessarily on the "Halloween" designated day.

I was on the 9/1 sailing. Halloween was on our 2nd sea day, so had to choose between Semi-formal or Halloween costume. Huge majority did Halloween, of course. Mickey's Mousequerade Party was at 12:30pm and 7:30pm. Family Halloween Bash in D-lounge was at 10:15pm followed by Scary-okee Karaoke at 11:00pm.

I was on the 9/1 sailing. Halloween was on our 2nd sea day, so had to choose between Semi-formal or Halloween costume. Huge majority did Halloween, of course. Mickey's Mousequerade Party was at 12:30pm and 7:30pm. Family Halloween Bash in D-lounge was at 10:15pm followed by Scary-okee Karaoke at 11:00pm.

Thanks Lulu27. Did they do the trick or treating during the Mickey's Mousequerade Parties ? Of course I have Palo Brunch on our 2nd sea day at 12:30 but we have 1st seating for dinner so she can do the 7:30 if that is the case.

There's also the fact that the Halloween decorations are up during the whole cruise. Maybe that's why some people think it's on multiple days. That and some Cruise Meet groups set up Trick or Treating for their group not necessarily on the "Halloween" designated day.
This was a Disney CM in the call center, not "some people" but yeah even Disney tends to be confused about things at time.

Thank you! I will pass on this information to the others. And if you upload your navigators here or to the disneycruiselineblog, we'll be forever grateful. Hope you had fun and thanks for warming the ship up for us. ;)

Edit: oh, do you recall when the adult costume party & contest was? What about the ~6p entertainment? TIA!

Well that's annoying. Did your cruise have any additional special days (Marvel etc.) Or unusual weather circumstances that would have affected things? I'd love to see any navigators you might have!

No additional special days, other than Pirate. They did the Pirate show and fireworks at 7:45 on our cruise, but I was told that it was going back to 10-ish with the 9/8 sailing. No unusual weather. I do plan to upload my navigators at disneycruiselineblog - will try to do it soon!

The adult party was at 11:00pm. I don't know the details on trick or treating - it was just my husband and I traveling, so we didn't pay attention. The evening entertainment Halloween night was a magician (Dana Daniels) at 6:15 and 8:30.

I was happy that there was only 1 repeat show on this cruise. Here was the week's schedule:
Jeff Civillico (physical/comedy entertainer -- juggling on a unicycle, etc)
Wishes
Aladdin 6:15/8:30
Aladdin 7:15
Christopher Robin
Dana Daniels (magician)
Believe

No additional special days, other than Pirate. They did the Pirate show and fireworks at 7:45 on our cruise, but I was told that it was going back to 10-ish with the 9/8 sailing. No unusual weather. I do plan to upload my navigators at disneycruiselineblog - will try to do it soon!

The adult party was at 11:00pm. I don't know the details on trick or treating - it was just my husband and I traveling, so we didn't pay attention. The evening entertainment Halloween night was a magician (Dana Daniels) at 6:15 and 8:30.

I was happy that there was only 1 repeat show on this cruise. Here was the week's schedule:
Jeff Civillico (physical/comedy entertainer -- juggling on a unicycle, etc)
Wishes
Aladdin 6:15/8:30
Aladdin 7:15
Christopher Robin
Dana Daniels (magician)
Believe

Thanks so much for this info!

Thanks Lulu27. Did they do the trick or treating during the Mickey's Mousequerade Parties ? Of course I have Palo Brunch on our 2nd sea day at 12:30 but we have 1st seating for dinner so she can do the 7:30 if that is the case.

My FB group is saying that Trick or Treating was only before the 12:30pm party. It sounds like it was a madhouse, though, and many are saying they'd skip it. So I say keep your Palo brunch!

Someone in the 9/29 FB group is asking if there was still a Officer's Reception on Thursday? Thanks again. We are gobbling this info up!

Someone in the 9/29 FB group is asking if there was still a Officer's Reception on Thursday? Thanks again. We are gobbling this info up!

There was a Captain's Welcome Reception on Sunday (Formal Night) at 5:15 and 7:30.

I will try to scan my navigators and get them uploaded tomorrow!:earsgirl:

Yeah they were saying that these were normally two separate events - Captain's on formal and officers on semi-formal. Thank you!

Last edited:
So I called shoreside concierge and was given a schedule for the 9/29 sailing as follows:

9/30 (Sea day) Formal Night
10/1 (Cozumel) Halloween parties at 2 different times
10/3 (Falmouth) Pirate night - She also told me that she expects the fireworks to take place after 2nd dinner seating
10/4 (Sea day) Semi formal night

Hoping this is accurate but we won't know for sure until we get on board I guess!

Thanks! What number is that? They sound a lot more helpful than the CS department I reached!
I called the concierge number because we're sailing concierge this time. I would think they would have the same info as the regular customer service but who knows? I forgot to ask them something else so I need to call them back anyway. I can ask them additional questions and report back if you have some. I'm not on Facebook, my mom is in the group and keeps me updated.

There was a Captain's Welcome Reception on Sunday (Formal Night) at 5:15 and 7:30.

I will try to scan my navigators and get them uploaded tomorrow!:earsgirl:

Were you able to scan in your Navigators? We are sailing soon and so excited to see what’s in store!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!