Halloween Party solo?

D

dahirsh

I'm trying to talk myself into my second solo trip this coming fall. I had November in mind, but with the new package deal, I'm thinking about squeezing the trip in in October.
My sister just pointed out to me that I could go to Mickey's Halloween Party. So, has anyone done this solo? Was it akward? Was it worth the cost?

Deb

I attended MNSSHP on Halloween last year, but accompanied by my DD and 2 friends. It's a great party. I think it would probably be very enjoyable solo too. It's a great time to "people watch"- lots of wonderful costumes. You can munch on your Trick Or Treat goodies while hitting your favorite attractions with little or no wait times.

Hi Deb,

I went last year to the halloween party solo and had a great
time. It's a riot to see how everyone including the adults dress
up. I never laughed so much in my life......some of the costumes
were just so cute and original. Getting on most of the rides
were so quick that it was just great.

I wish I could go again this year for October, but due to a deal
with the marriot, I'll be making another solo trip in September.

Have fun....you gonna love it.

Hi Deb,

I went on a solo trip the last two years and to MNSSHP on the 31st but met up with another DISer (ctgirluvsmickey) there so it's possible you could meet up with someone else when you are there to hang-out with. It is so much fun. I would definately go. I am planning on going again this year so if you wanted to meet up, that would be great. :D

Sam

For some reason, I was under the impression that MNSSHP was focused on kids (which I guess it is) without a lot for "grown ups" to do, but then I read this thread and some other stuff about last year's party and decided to give it a go. Plus, with most rides being open and relatively uncrowded, it might be worth the price of admission even without the Spooktacular.

It's like the man said, adults are just big kids.

I'm booked for the October 5 party...and I'm really looking forward to it. I've always been a sucker for Halloween and a fan of the Headless Horseman...I can't wait to see him charging down Main Street.

I've read mixed reports though...Do most adults dress up for the party or not? Will I be more out of place being dressed up or not being dressed up?

Also, if anyone has any good and easy costume ideas, I'm all ears. I don't want to pack something in my suitcase, so I'll likely either adapt something I already have or grab something easy at Wal-Mart when I get to Orlando.

MNSSHP - is for both - there are lots of fun stuff that kids won't even notice and it is kind of scarey - now MVMCP is definitely for both

I loved having my fortune told - that was fun!!!

Yes go!!!

I had a costume last year - but I was too chicken to wear it - :o

So yes go and where your costume - have fun!

I haven't been to MNSHP solo but go to the parks by myself quite often while DH lays around the pool. I always have a great time and it's nice not to have to worry about anyone but myself for a change. Going in October and want to dress up...any ideas???

I think you'll have a blast doing the party solo. As much as I enjoy going to WDW with family, I have just as much fun going solo. You get alot of freedom to see what you want, do what you want, dine where you want and when you want. Where are you staying?

I haven't done MNSSHP solo YET but have done MVMCP solo twice and HHN at USF solo also. If you can enjoy the parks solo one of these after hours parties will be just as much fun. If you love Halloween than it's a must do since you can dress in a costume and really join in on the fun.

At HHN, you can't wear a costume as a guest. Also, the "scareactors" may tend to pick on you more since you will stand out from the crowd. I found that out the hard way when I walked through one section and was chased out by HHN freaks. It was fun though and I love a good scare and laugh at the fake blood and guts stuff. :jester:

I don't think solo would be bad.My husband and I went without children. We went 2 years ago, and it was great.:) I just wish I knew the dates for it this year, as we ARE going back for more fun.:Pinkbounc

Thanks for the link, getback.

I've never experienced the MNSSHP at all. One of these days, though, I will and when I do, it will most likely be as a solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter