Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- Please Read Post 1! (OBB DATES CANCELLED 7/24/20)

I know things are still uncertain, but is anyone else still thinking of Halloween Costumes? I'm stumped on what I want to be this year. I have a few in mind:
1. Kevin
2. Steamboat Willie or Minnie

Do you all think Disney will release OBB tickets before the parks reopen? I know Disney world has theirs on sale, but that happened before stuff* hit the fan.

I could see pros and cons both ways. Releasing them now if they think they will be open, allows people to buy now because things might be crazy logistics wise when Park reopens.

but selling them and then not being open could also be a logistics mess.

Do you all think Disney will release OBB tickets before the parks reopen? I know Disney world has theirs on sale, but that happened before stuff* hit the fan.

I could see pros and cons both ways. Releasing them now if they think they will be open, allows people to buy now because things might be crazy logistics wise when Park reopens.

but selling them and then not being open could also be a logistics mess.

Personally I don't think we'll see sales starting until we at least have an opening date.

Personally I don't think we'll see sales starting until we at least have an opening date.

I think that would be wise and give excitement and motivation to purchase. I do wonder if they'll announce dates sooner than later though.

@Vala : Good to see you post here -- hope you are doing well and keeping safe. :)

Yeah I know, I kind of disappeared. I've been fighting an ear infection. Picked the perfect time for that. >< Hope you are doing well too.

I think that would be wise and give excitement and motivation to purchase. I do wonder if they'll announce dates sooner than later though.

Apparently the official info for the August pin event finally appeared this morning on the WDW website, so your theory may well prove correct.

I wouldn't mind if tickets went on sale in the coming weeks. What I do wonder is if this virus stuff is still going on, would they refund tickets? I mean, I pray come the fall we will be done with all of this, but you just never know. You can't really postpone a Halloween party.

Yeah I know, I kind of disappeared. I've been fighting an ear infection. Picked the perfect time for that. >< Hope you are doing well too...
Sorry about that -- ear infections are definitely not fun. Hope you get completely well quickly!

I wouldn't mind if tickets went on sale in the coming weeks. What I do wonder is if this virus stuff is still going on, would they refund tickets? I mean, I pray come the fall we will be done with all of this, but you just never know. You can't really postpone a Halloween party.
Well, if this craziness is still going on to some extent and the OBB goes ahead as planned, at least we would all have a context to wear masks. Name that Disney bank robber, surgeon, ninja, etc.!

_18A3477_zpspqhjjnom.jpg

We are planning as if everything is going to be happening for Halloweentime. It's our 10th wedding anniversary. We were married at the Disneyland hotel on Oct.31st. We will be doing the OBB and staying at the GCH. We will probably be dressed up in just black wedding attire. Yay! We can't wait! 🖤🎃

News from @CHOCWalk on Twitter:

While we have been flooded with an outpouring of support during this time of uncertainty, we wanted to give an update. At this time, we have chosen to postpone CHOC Walk registration. While we know many of you were looking forward to reserving your spot and starting ... #chocwalk

Hoping things die down between Canada and USA border ! Hoping to postpone my July trip to late October/ early November ! I bought tickets on the Canadian deal and don't have a definite answer if they will carry over or not into 2021. Always wanted to go to Disney with the fall decor etc, I work in an elementary school so I am hoping I can swing getting away for a few days !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter