Halloween treats

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have Hallowen themed dessert ideas then the basic common ones or things that are orange or black in color.
I need something that both kids and adults would eat.

What about a spider web cookie pizza? Bake a sugar cookie in a round pizza pan and cool. Use colored icing to draw in the web and push in spider rings around the cookie to make the occupants of the web. Quick, easy and yummy!

mrp4352 said:
What about a spider web cookie pizza? Bake a sugar cookie in a round pizza pan and cool. Use colored icing to draw in the web and push in spider rings around the cookie to make the occupants of the web. Quick, easy and yummy!

That sounds cute.
Any other ideas?

Each Halloween I make Frankenstein cupcakes. I got the idea from Family Fun magazine. I make Devil's food cupcakes and then frost them with dark chocolate frosting. Take a large marshmallow, and dip it in melted green candy coating. Set in the fridge to harden. Stick it to the top of the cupcake using extra frosting. Put a small blob of chocolate frosting on top of the marshmallow and use a fork to "spike" it into a scary hairdo. Use mini M&M's for eyes with a dot of black decorating gel for pupils. With the black gel, draw on a mouth. Place tic tacs on either side of the "neck" for the bolts.

I'm sure you could look at Family Fun for a picture. They are cute, and my kids look forward to them each year. I like to make extras for our neighbors, too.

Glynis said:
Each Halloween I make Frankenstein cupcakes. I got the idea from Family Fun magazine. I make Devil's food cupcakes and then frost them with dark chocolate frosting. Take a large marshmallow, and dip it in melted green candy coating. Set in the fridge to harden. Stick it to the top of the cupcake using extra frosting. Put a small blob of chocolate frosting on top of the marshmallow and use a fork to "spike" it into a scary hairdo. Use mini M&M's for eyes with a dot of black decorating gel for pupils. With the black gel, draw on a mouth. Place tic tacs on either side of the "neck" for the bolts.

I'm sure you could look at Family Fun for a picture. They are cute, and my kids look forward to them each year. I like to make extras for our neighbors, too.

That sounds very cute.

I did a fun thing for a bowling pot luck party last year. I made a very simple dip recipe (off the Knorr Spring Vegetable soup box). To make it "Halloweeny" I took 5 baby carrots, scored the ends and inserted almond slices for fingernails, and then put those carrots, like fingers coming up out of the bowl. It was funny to watch people get the dip; they would spoon some out around the fingers, but no one wanted to touch the "hand."

You can also make breadstick "fingers." I've seen them done with green food coloring to make the "fingernail."

I know I've got some other things somewhere. I'll look for them.

I saw an article last year turning twinkies into mummies. Use canned vanilla frosting to pipe rags onto the top of the twinkie. Use m&ms or skittles for eyes peeking out.

Another idea was to dip donut holes into melted frosting and then using a red hot for the eye ball and red decorating gel to make blood shot looking eyes.

I like dipping pretzels into melted chocolate and then decoarting with sprinkles. You can alternate with melted caramel too and wind it around the pretzel rod and then use a spoon to add the chocolate.

Rice Krispie treats can be tinted orange to make pumpkins (cookie cutter) or use cocoa Krispies and a bat cookie cutter (add some chocolate to the melted marshmallows to tint). Adults still love rice krispie treats.

I make these every year!

Graveyards

3 ½ Cups Cold Milk
2 Packages (4-serving size) Jell-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
1 Tub (12 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
1 Package (16 oz.) Chocolate Sandwich Coolies (Oreos), crushed
1 Package Milano Cookies
Candy Pumpkins
Clear Plastic Cups

Pour cold milk into large bowl: add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.

Stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping and ½ of the cookies.

In 15 individual cups, spoon in 2 Tablespoons cookie crumbs and fill half way up with pudding. Top with remaining crumbs.

Decorate with remaining whipped topping dropped by spoonful (ghosts), candy pumpkins, and Milano cookie gravestones.

TXTink said:
I make these every year!

Graveyards

3 ½ Cups Cold Milk
2 Packages (4-serving size) Jell-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
1 Tub (12 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
1 Package (16 oz.) Chocolate Sandwich Coolies (Oreos), crushed
1 Package Milano Cookies
Candy Pumpkins
Clear Plastic Cups

Pour cold milk into large bowl: add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.

Stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping and ½ of the cookies.

In 15 individual cups, spoon in 2 Tablespoons cookie crumbs and fill half way up with pudding. Top with remaining crumbs.

Decorate with remaining whipped topping dropped by spoonful (ghosts), candy pumpkins, and Milano cookie gravestones.

Thank you for that idea.

Glynis said:

Here is a picture of it, it is very cute! Great ideas!!!
famf0902_sweet.jpg

This is a variation of a dessert we used to make all the time for Easter: Graveyard Cake

Slice a pound cake or angel food cake into 1/2 inch slices and distribute in the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Spread Cool Whip on top of the cake slices, then sprinkle on crushed Oreos for dirt. Stand any kind of lightly-colored oval cookies (headstones; you can even write on these with tinted frosting) and Peeps Ghosts on top. You can also sprinkle on candy corn or gummy worms for a spookier look.

How about a bowl of green and orange melon balls...it seems all my nieces are on health kicks and like to eat healthy even at parties :confused3 .

This is not a dessert treat, but the kids request this for every Halloween dinner:

Octopus and Seaweed:

Hot dogs
Chicken or beef flavored ramen noodles
Green food coloring

Cut each hot dog length-wise into 8 strips (octopus arms) to within 2 inches of one end. Boil hot dogs; as they are boiling, the "arms" will curl up. Meanwhile prepare the ramen noodles according to package instructions. Drain if too much liquid. Add a couple of drops of green food coloring to the noodles (seaweed). Remove your octopus from the boiling water with tongs and place on a bed of "seaweed" noodles. Make eyes and mouth on octopus with mustard or ketchup.

i usually just make deviled eggs using the bottom half of the egg (slice it width-wise instead of length wise.) That makes it look more like an eyeball. Then add whatever you want to make a pupiel and add some red food coloring for them to sit in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter