Hamilton Cycling Championships

serenababy

Earning My Ears
Any other travelers from the Hamilton, Ontario area planning on being out of town and at Disney during the World Cycling Championships? By my count, it looks like half the town will be in Disneyworld.

No plans for us Hamiltonians but I bet this would be a great time to head down.:)

SIL, MIL, BIL and X2 nephews from Stoney Creek are coming down here, then we are all going on to WDW (yay!) They are leaving due to the bike race.
Also, friends from Ancaster are spending the week at GF.
Maybe they should have a Hamilton Day at MK during that week.....see y'all there! :D

A couple of families from our soccer team are headed down to WDW to get away from bike week(in one family both parents are teachers so they are using this opportunity to take their 5 kids down).I think I will just put some air in the old bike tires and the kids and I will find a spot to watch some of it during the week.

This is starting to get kind of exciting! :) DH and I are hoping to take a tour of the route today, to check out all the preparations. DH noticed that the big TV cameras are set up on the mountain accesses, with security guards to guard them.

Kelly, maybe I should do the same as you are planning, since they'll be travelling on Mohawk and Garth, just a few blocks from me! :)

Despite alot of folks complaining about this event I really do hope it takes off and brings recognition to our city.::yes::

My DS has been busy all week long setting up all the seating areas for the spectators.:D

DH and I will be attending the opening ceremonies tomorrow night at Copps Coliseum and we've got fantastic seats. There's to be a lot of great Canadian talent there and I'm especially excited about seeing our new Canadian Idol Ryan Malcom sing along with Jeff Healey and Tom Cochrane.:yo-yo:

Also the forecast for next week looks perfect!:sunny: :sunny:

We just got back from the opening ceremonies and what a night!:hyper:

We should be so proud of all the great talent that Canada has to offer. Jeff Healey and Tom Cochrane were outstanding along with upcoming stars such as Victoria Boland who we were told is now recording an album with Elton John's band and producer.:D

My favourite though had to be Ryan Malcom (singing with Sass Jodan) who won the Canadian Idol title.............he was amazing!::yes::

The ceremonies also had native dancers and the pipe and drums...with very little long speeches!;)

Put on your best smiles for the next week Hamilton as we'll be watched by millions of folks around the world.:wave2:

What a great night.:wave:

Sounds like a wonderful night, Cindy, (especially the no long speeches part..lol). ;)

I'm curious to see how Hamilton "looks" on TV, and you're right, the weather forecast looks great, thank goodness!

We (drove) the course this weekend. I can't imagine doing the mountain accesses...wow...brutal stuff! :)

Can you imagine going up that hill 42 times(twice for each of the 21 laps) for one race?I get exhausted just thinking about it,LOL!

Kelly they said last night that this is the toughest course ever to be run for the world championships.:eek:

I couldn't even imagine walking it never mind riding up, although my DS rides up and down the mountain every day as he's an avid cyclist and rides for miles at a time both uphill,downhill and rugged terrain as well.Oh to be in great shape!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter