Han Solo Film loses directors

Rumor is that the third stand alone film will focus on Obi-Wan Kenobi's backstory. Not too thrilled about this one either (if the rumors are accurate).

Rumor is that the third stand alone film will focus on Obi-Wan Kenobi's backstory. Not too thrilled about this one either (if the rumors are accurate).

I don't think anyone is...

They're gonna tip toe into the dreaded prequel period again?

What backstory?...there was a bad one that covered his 20's already?

This...again...smells like what they do for Xmen or transformers...but those are comic books...not a space opera.

They are keeping the same date too so apparently whoever they get to direct now will have to stick with what's already been done.
When is this one scheduled for release? I'm assuming December 2018?

Ron Howard was rumored on the twitterverse as being looked at to pick this up.

Between this and the Ep IX directors recent film disaster coming out, I don't have a good feeling about SW in 2018 or 2019.

That being said its also rumored that the most recent cut of TLJ Disney/Lucas Film loved.

I never really understood why these 2 got the job in the first place. From what I know of them they have only done comedy or action/comedy which is not what I would expect from a Han Solo origin story or anything written by Lawrence Kasdan.

It seems like they would be better suited to something like GotG.

I never really understood why these 2 got the job in the first place. From what I know of them they have only done comedy or action/comedy which is not what I would expect from a Han Solo origin story or anything written by Lawrence Kasdan.

It seems like they would be better suited to something like GotG.
One rumor is they were let go because they wanted it to be a comedy.

If you combine the awful prequels with the Clone Wars cartoons you get pretty much Kenobi's backstory. Unless you are going to his padawan stage in the temple? Hmm... resourceful bright student in a school for magic where weird things happen all the time. Nah... that probably won't have an audience. :)

These spins off are going to be tough. Rogue one was an exception as it's a story that wanted to be told.

These spin offs have to be mainstream enough to make mega money at the box office but in order for that to happen, they need to touch the big characters like Vader, Han, ob-wan etc and fans are always going to be nervous

These spins off are going to be tough. Rogue one was an exception as it's a story that wanted to be told.

These spin offs have to be mainstream enough to make mega money at the box office but in order for that to happen, they need to touch the big characters like Vader, Han, ob-wan etc and fans are always going to be nervous

Why? Vader, Han, Obi-Wan etc were all new characters at one time and someone took a chance on them.
That's the problem with Hollywood and especially Disney. No innovation, no risks. It's the same as to what we've been getting lately at the theme parks: Soarin' on Steroids in a land where theming is the highlight and not the attractions themselves.

How about taking that oodles of money they make off of Marvel and the two Star Wars films they've produced and invest it in, I don't know, say a good story, script and new characters. Keep the budget for these spinoffs reasonable. Not every Star Wars film has to be an extravaganza. Tell the smaller stories where the audience can relate and connect with the characters and cheer them on to succeed.

Me too, it could be worse though. They could be doing a Jar Jar story.

Why? Vader, Han, Obi-Wan etc were all new characters at one time and someone took a chance on them.
That's the problem with Hollywood and especially Disney. No innovation, no risks. It's the same as to what we've been getting lately at the theme parks: Soarin' on Steroids in a land where theming is the highlight and not the attractions themselves.

How about taking that oodles of money they make off of Marvel and the two Star Wars films they've produced and invest it in, I don't know, say a good story, script and new characters. Keep the budget for these spinoffs reasonable. Not every Star Wars film has to be an extravaganza. Tell the smaller stories where the audience can relate and connect with the characters and cheer them on to succeed.

Just my opinion but I don't ink the crowds would go and see it unless there's a major character it in. The main films are going to do what they need to do which is push th story forward and introduce these new worlds and characters. When it comes to the anthology films, I'd love a jabba the hutt/ Bounty hunter movie but I doubt will will appeal outside of the hardcore Star Wars fans.

An obi-wan film would involve Ewan Mcgreggor who is a fan favourite though. It's not a different actor like with Solo

I didn't realize he was a fan favorite, I thought everyone and everything was hated in the prequels, except Darth Maul. I've never really liked Ewan in anything besides Moulin Rouge.

He seems more wooden then Pinocchio in the Prequels. But that's probably Georges fault, his scripts made an Oscar winning actress look horrible.

I didn't realize he was a fan favorite, I thought everyone and everything was hated in the prequels, except Darth Maul. I've never really liked Ewan in anything besides Moulin Rouge.

He seems more wooden then Pinocchio in the Prequels. But that's probably Georges fault, his script made an Oscar winning actress look horrible.

He was the best thing the prequels had to offer, and even he had some cringey lines. He'd be fantastic with a good director and story. I just don't know where they'd plop him for any kind of new film.

With all the reboots out there, I'd be fine with Disney rebooting the prequels, but I guess that might slap a certain someone too hard in the face. There was so much potential in those stories.

He has said he would like to reprise the role and along with Ian Mcdiarmid, was considered as one of the best parts of the prequels. I did find him wooden but I do put that down to Lucas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter