Happy 20th anniversary to Animal Kingdom!

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
Today, April 22, is the 20th anniversary of Animal Kingdom. My wife and I attended the grand opening in 1998. In fact, we actually got to see the park a few days before that at an AP preview. It was the first time we had ever been to a grand opening of a Disney park, certainly a rare occurrence. I still remember the excitement and sense of wonder of being among the first to explore a brand new park. I first saw Epcot about 6 months after opening and MGM about one month after opening, but getting to see AK even before it opened to the public was a real treat.

The park has changed a great deal since 1998 but it's still a very special place to us having been there since the beginning.

I still have an unused cast preview ticket and a colored copy of Eyes and Ears for the opening. Not sure why I never used the ticket. I need to find both of these things and frame it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter