***Happy Birthday dlpSteve's DW Denise - 13th July***

diberry

DIS Veteran
th_mickeyHappyBirthday.gif

:cake: :bday: :cake:
Have a lovely birthday Denise and a great trip to DLP very soon!!!
:cake: :bday: :cake:

Denise was absolutely thrilled when I called her into the study to show her this thread - thanks so much everyone. Just another example of why this forum is the greatest on the 'www'.

We are off to see Disney's Beauty and the Beast at the Bristol Hippodrome - it's Denise's favourite Disney film and we have heard great things about the show. If The Lion King (at both DLRP and in the West End) is anything to go by then it'll be fantastic.

Thanks again :grouphug:

p.s. my quest for Disney plasters will continue in another county today :earboy2:

We saw Beauty and the Beast when it came to the Theatre Royal here in Nottingham in May - it was great!!!!! Enjoy your evening!!! :sunny:

Happy birthday Denise! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Steve - OH and I went to see B&TB at the Hippadrome last Wednesday - it is a completely amazing show and made even better by the fact that the venue really is quite small!

Have a wonderful time!

dlpSteve said:
Denise was absolutely thrilled when I called her into the study to show her this thread - thanks so much everyone. Just another example of why this forum is the greatest on the 'www'.

We are off to see Disney's Beauty and the Beast at the Bristol Hippodrome - it's Denise's favourite Disney film and we have heard great things about the show. If The Lion King (at both DLRP and in the West End) is anything to go by then it'll be fantastic.

Thanks again :grouphug:

p.s. my quest for Disney plasters will continue in another county today :earboy2:

You'll love it! I saw it 4 times when it was in London :confused3 I've not seen either of the Lion King shows - I'm a confirmed Beastophile -

Have a great evening

Bananaconga

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Happy birthday Denise!! Let us know how B & TB is, hope you enjoy it!

Thanks again for all the wishes, Denise was very touched.

Beauty and the Beast - I'll never go to a matinee again! The kids were so badly behaved - talking all the way through, constant rustling of crisps and kicking of chairs - arghhh! That killed the atmopshere for us to be honest it was that bad. Never experienced anything like it, though I've never seen a big show in a Theatre outside London, perhaps they are stricter in London.

The show itself was pretty good though very different to the film. Neither of us were keen on the characterisation of the Beast - he was like a teenage boy during puberty, very much like Harry Enfield's Kevin! Still, the 2nd Act was much better than the first and the effects and production were very good. Best moments were the transformation of Beat and Chip coming out as a little boy.

We probably would have enjoyed it more had the theatre been treated as such by those in attendance but it was still good.

The whole day was great - lots of shopping for Denise, the theatre and then a meal on the way home. She slept almost from the moment she got home but I was wide awake from taking Pro Plus so as not to fall asleep on the drive home!

5 days till DLRP - :cool1:

Glad you had a good day out even though the show was a little spoilt for you by some.

Whenever we go to the cinema it always amazes me how some people behave. Gone are the days of being satisfied with popcorn and icecreams, and I ALWAYS seem to be sat behind a family eating the smelliest hotdogs/burgers/you-name-it-whatever-it-is-they-are-eating-it-stinks!!!LOL

Hope Denise thoroughly enjoyed her day, roll on your holiday!:sunny:

I'm sorry you had problems. I think the difficulty is that some kids think they are at the pictures [it's annoying enough there] but at a live show it can really spoil things.

Pity you didn't see the west end version with either Alasdair Harvey or Earl Carpenter playing the Beast. They were both brilliant. John Barrowman did it for a spell although I didn't see him.

What a shame about the behaviour of the audience Steve. One of my pet hates too. Unfortunately it's not just the children that behave badly (noisily!)I have found!

It didn't spoil our day - The Disney Store in Cribbs Causeway had some shortbread so Denise was happy! She loves shortbread and the Disney shortbread is especially nice - apparently!

A belated hapy birthday to Denise! When we saw Beauty & The Beast in Nottingham, EVERYBODY went "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" when Chip turned into a boy!! So cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter