"Happy Birthday Peter Pan"

Joanne UK

<font color=red>My favourite is Big Thunder Mounta
Hello all,

Did anybody watch this documentary on BBC1 yesterday (Monday) evening?
It focused predominantly with JM Barrie's story although it referred to the original Disney film as Peter Pan's finest hour.

JM Barrie signed over all royalties made from Peter Pan to go to the Great Ormond Street Childrens' Hospital in London and this deal expired in the 1980's. There was a debate in Parliament where it was decided that this practise would continue and that is still the case. Does the hospital still get any royalties from Disney re Peter Pan? Just curious as when watching I wasn't sure if any law passed here could also be enforced internationally.

Happy New Year,
Regards,
Joanne

Oh I missed this one too! They had a few interesting programmes of this ilk on over Christmas I thought. I saw 'the real Mary Poppins', an 'After they were famous - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' and a sort of 'Where are they now - Oliver'

I like watching stuff like that about things that are almost an institution.

i saw a man from the hospital on richard and judy a few weeks ago saying the got about 20k a year from it. he then went on to say that a hospital like that needs millions and it doesnt make a dent (in so many words) which i thought was a tad ungrateful. there was another man on there selling some jm barry stuff too at an auction for the hospital. personally im looking forward to johnny depps interpretation of barry but for my own selfish reasons. hehe

love

lucy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter