Happy New Year! Where are you headed in 2018?

We have other vacation plans this year. We're taking advantage of the Platinum Annual Pass offer to DVC members so we scheduled WDW trips. We purposely did not spend a lot of money on Christmas gifts this year so that we can put a down payment on a U.S.-based ABD in 2019. Just waiting for dates to be released. I want to do Backstage Magic during the winter holidays, but he wants to combine a trip to L.A. to see the Dodgers. I am seriously considering a solo European ABD because they dominate my list.

We are doing Backstage Magic in August, which will be our 4th ABD. It is also very likely to be our last, because we prefer smaller group travel, but I'm super excited for BSM. I've wanted to do it for years and have actually pushed a ressie twice, but this time we are going for sure :)

We are also doing a family trip to Peru with Nat Geo in June/July.

Had to change out Italy ABD from May to April because the changed the dates of our May trip!
They changed the dates? From what to what? Did they say why? I've heard of them cancelling a trip, but changing the dates?

Sayhello

They changed the dates? From what to what? Did they say why? I've heard of them cancelling a trip, but changing the dates?

Sayhello

They changed it from May4th-11th to May 6th-13th! The Pope closed down the Vatican and Sistine Chapel during our days because they are swearing in the Swiss Guards. It's a bummer but now we get to go earlier :)

They changed it from May4th-11th to May 6th-13th! The Pope closed down the Vatican and Sistine Chapel during our days because they are swearing in the Swiss Guards. It's a bummer but now we get to go earlier :)
Well, I guess even Disney can't change what the Pope does! I guess it's better they changed it well in advance (giving you a chance to change) rather than just having you miss out on the Vatican & Sistine Chapel!!

Glad you were able to work out switching to a different date! Had you purchased your airfare yet?

Sayhello

Well, I guess even Disney can't change what the Pope does! I guess it's better they changed it well in advance (giving you a chance to change) rather than just having you miss out on the Vatican & Sistine Chapel!!

Glad you were able to work out switching to a different date! Had you purchased your airfare yet?

Sayhello
Yes the Pope is a pretty important guy!

We did already have our airfare booked but Disney was very good about the flight change fees!

And when you get to Ronda... take their advice and have a leisurely lunch at the hotel up on the hill on their back terrace, instead of shopping. It was our best meal of the trip and the views were absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thanks for the tip! One question about flying out. Did you fly out of AGP Malaga? I see it's 50 min away from the hotel and you have to book a flight after 12pm. Did guests still leave the resort in different vans depending when their flight was or did everyone drive to AGP together? Many of the flights leave pretty late in the evening.

Back Stage Magic (fifth time for us) in December!!!

Out of curiosity having done this one myself, what is it that makes you do it multiple times? Do you not go to the same places and see the same things? And I know people go to the parks multiple times and ride the same rides and see the same shows, I've gone to both DW and DL multiple times, too many times to count for WDW. But what is it about this particular trip that pulls you back?

I’m not OKW Lover, but I will try to answer this from my own perspective.

I have done Backstage Magic nearly every year since 2010, and this year will be my 7th (and 12th ABD overall).

More than anything else, the thing that keeps me coming back are the groups. Each group is different, and brings its own unique energy to the experience. For me, it keeps the trip fresh and exciting! Over the years, I have been very lucky to have been part of some wonderful Backstage Magic groups, and have made several lasting friendships.

I have also watched this trip evolve over the years. While the major components of the trip have not changed (ie; Studios, Imagineering, DL, etc.), the experiences at these locations have never been exactly the same. I don’t want to share some of the things I’ve seen/done on Backstage Magic and spoil any surprises, but I will say that the experiences at Jim Henson Studios and Imagineering in particular have gotten even better over the years. I’ve also never had the same exact experience on the Disneyland Park or California Adventure days.

Jason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter