HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

Hi
I see some information to call the hotel directly with room requests. I tried to do this and she said I need to call the Universal 800 number. Does this seem correct or should I try again direct to the hotel?

I am staying in a King Suite next month (not club) and it looks like there are 10 of these. I’m not sure what floors they are on. My request is that I do not want a ground floor room.

Thanks for any info on room requests.

Hi
I see some information to call the hotel directly with room requests. I tried to do this and she said I need to call the Universal 800 number. Does this seem correct or should I try again direct to the hotel?

I am staying in a King Suite next month (not club) and it looks like there are 10 of these. I’m not sure what floors they are on. My request is that I do not want a ground floor room.

Thanks for any info on room requests.

I would call back. I always call the hotel directly and speak to someone who notes my room requests.

I use to stay in 7100 king suite and also 6100
These are pool views

I have not stayed there since the remodel and know some of the room numbers have changed

Call the hotel direct to request a specific room number
Or at least have the room number listed on your reservation

I use to stay in 7100 king suite and also 6100
These are pool views

I have not stayed there since the remodel and know some of the room numbers have changed

Call the hotel direct to request a specific room number
Or at least have the room number listed on your reservation

Thanks. Are those club ones with the pool view? I have a King suite but not club.

I've read that you pass through/next to the Butterfly Garden on the walking path to the parks if you stay at HRH. Can anyone confirm? That would be a deal breaker for me even if a cheap AP rate comes out (bad pollen allergies). Is this also an issue with the PBR walking path since they on the same side of the resort? Thanks.

Yes, you can either walk through it (bad idea with sandals) or stay on the concrete path around it. The entire concrete path from HRH hotel to the security check is through garden and greenery. It's really beautiful, but if you are worried about allergies, I don't think it is just the small butterfly garden that is cause for concern.

I've read that you pass through/next to the Butterfly Garden on the walking path to the parks if you stay at HRH. Can anyone confirm? That would be a deal breaker for me even if a cheap AP rate comes out (bad pollen allergies). Is this also an issue with the PBR walking path since they on the same side of the resort? Thanks.

We always exit and go through the pool area. There's also an exit from the first floor hall- room area which will have you outside of the pool area gates if the pool is closed.

Yes, you can either walk through it (bad idea with sandals) or stay on the concrete path around it. The entire concrete path from HRH hotel to the security check is through garden and greenery. It's really beautiful, but if you are worried about allergies, I don't think it is just the small butterfly garden that is cause for concern.
Thank you. My allergies are off the charts bad so I'd rather avoid that. Are ALL the deluxe hotels this way with their paths? At least with those you're a little further away so the water taxi makes more sense.

Thank you. My allergies are off the charts bad so I'd rather avoid that. Are ALL the deluxe hotels this way with their paths? At least with those you're a little further away so the water taxi makes more sense.

The walking paths are paved but there is greenery around you- and flowers.

We had a view of the butterfly garden and walkway from our room last time. I tried to circle the path in red. PBR has two options, either use the same path or some secret walkway through the employee parking lot or something like that (I remember reading it when we were researching last year, so I couldn’t tell you more about that way.) Some people still take the boat from HRH, so don’t disqualify it for not being far enough to justify the boat!

5D1A58DA-E887-4078-A485-D852DC98786C.jpeg

The walking paths are paved but there is greenery around you- and flowers.
I'm fine with bushes and such but a lot of flowers would likely be an issue. I'll stick to the boat, I guess!

Thanks everyone.

Hard to get any discount in October with the popularity of HHN. Had to pay rack rate last year. We had a short stay that didn't qualify for the SMSM(stay more save more)
Does anyone know from experience if late August tends to have discounts? I'm only staying for 3 nights that isn't getting me much with SMSM so am hoping for another discount as it gets closer.

Does anyone know from experience if late August tends to have discounts? I'm only staying for 3 nights that isn't getting me much with SMSM so am hoping for another discount as it gets closer.

The only other discounts besides SMSM will be annual pass discounts. Those are substantial and usually are available in August. You may find that an annual pass will be cost effective once you consider the substantial hotel discount.

The only other discounts besides SMSM will be annual pass discounts. Those are substantial and usually are available in August. You may find that an annual pass will be cost effective once you consider the substantial hotel discount.
Thanks, that's good to hear that a discount will be likely. The lowest cost annual pass seems to actually be the exact same price as a 3 day park-to-park pass so I see no downside to getting that (since we are not visiting in the blackout days of July or Christmas). I see that the higher cost annual passes come with early admission but isn't that also offered by staying at HRH?

Thanks, that's good to hear that a discount will be likely. The lowest cost annual pass seems to actually be the exact same price as a 3 day park-to-park pass so I see no downside to getting that (since we are not visiting in the blackout days of July or Christmas). I see that the higher cost annual passes come with early admission but isn't that also offered by staying at HRH?

Yes you'll get early entry staying at HRH! Yes AP discounts are great! I think I've paid for one in just one stay at the hotel! And then, you're free to come back for other trips!! (i.e. having an AP makes you "find" a way to get to Orlando!!)

The lowest cost annual pass seems to actually be the exact same price as a 3 day park-to-park pass so I see no downside to getting that (since we are not visiting in the blackout days of July or Christmas).
The only other thing to be careful of with the Seasonal APs are the periodic black-outs of the US park during concert days. They don't always post those until much closer in to the actual dates. But even on those days the Seasonal APs can be used at the IOA park (or VB if you get the 3-park pass.)

Last edited:

Off topic but have you considered immunotherapy, i.e. allergy shots. I was just as bad if not worse than you for the longest time. Pollen, grass, dust, dander- pretty much everything set me off. In Nov. of last year I started a weekly allergy shot regimen. It definitely requires that you stick with it, but we are now ramping up into allergy season here in NY- pollen on cars so thick that you can write your name on it. In the past I'd have my eyes welled up, difficulty breathing, dripping nose- now, nothing. I sat in my brother's car where his St. Bernard normally takes up the entire back seat. Windows were closed and air was circulating- no reaction. Normally, I couldn't be within 10 feet of the dog or even in the same room where the dog was 3 days prior because of the dander.

I can't say enough about the shots. They have given me such a quality of life that I'd never seen before to the point where we are probably getting our first dog in a few months.

Hey, i'm currently booked in for Aventura from 4th sept -18th sept 2018. We stayed in Hard Rock in December 2017 for our wedding/honeymoon in a club level room. I have been keeping an eye on the hard rock prices for our September dates to see if i can get lucky an get an amazingly low price.

At the minute for a standard garden view room its totalling $3,287.71 taxes included ('stay more, Save more')

I have an annual pass but tried putting in APH code in but nothing seems to be coming up yet for them dates so suppose i just have to wait and see.
I actually rang (twice) and said about my annual pass and i got given a price of $3900ish, taxes included, which was weird as that meant i was actually getting it cheaper online. Without quoting APH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!