HARD ROCK HOTEL INFO, FAQ and more........

Decided to do Universal trip the week before Memorial Day. Hard Rock was significantly cheaper than Royal Pacific so we’ll do this for the first time. Did two queens with garden view. I know we might end up with terrible view, but room really is just to shower and sleep. Have stayed at Portofino, Sapphire Falls, and Royal Pacific before. RP is my fav, but sometimes $ counts. Seems The Kitchen will be closed for renovation. Any other good eats there or stick with Citywalk? Hubs has had knee replacements recently and although doing great, we are both old farts, so ordered a scooter from Buena Vista so he doesn’t wear himself out day one. Is HRH closer walking path wise to Studios than RP is to Citywalk?

Yes HRH is incredibly close to Studios, much closer than RP is to Citywalk.

Currently in the midst of planning a 3-night stay at Hard Rock for HHN. We are flying in on Day 1 in the AM, probably around 9 am. Can anyone tell me if we'd be able to drop off our luggage at the hotel so we can head to the parks?

Currently in the midst of planning a 3-night stay at Hard Rock for HHN. We are flying in on Day 1 in the AM, probably around 9 am. Can anyone tell me if we'd be able to drop off our luggage at the hotel so we can head to the parks?
Yes you can, just check in and drop off.

You definitely want to check-in as well, so you can get your express passes.

Yes, you can arrive as early, drop off your bags, check-in and get your express passes. I believe you can get the passes as early as 7am, maybe even 6.

Anyone have Christmas decor pictures? ...or maybe Hard Rock doesn't glam up for the Winter holidays...

Anyone have Christmas decor pictures? ...or maybe Hard Rock doesn't glam up for the Winter holidays...

I could post some pics of decor in the background of some photos, but it’s not real clear.....

We do have some photos in front of the tree with the Fam.

We have stayed multiple years at HR during the Christmas season, there is enough decor to know it’s Christmas time but they do not go overboard with decorations at all, we do enjoy it, but believe it or not a couple of the other resorts actually do Christmas decor better, we always love the RP gingerbread houses, and Cabana puts up some neat stuff also, although we have only ever stayed RP and HR during the Christmas season.

We do have 10 nights at PB this year!!!

They do a bit, but it is the blandest of all the hotels for decorations at Christmas......the other hotels blows the HRH out the water for Christmas decorations.

Most of our pictures have us in it, but I have a couple without us in them....these are in the main lobby area.

i-vfgnHzM-X2.jpg

i-JRFsCv6-X2.jpg

Sorry we`re in this one, but there are a few of these garlands around and that`s about it......a few little trees as you wander to either The Palm or out to the pool by the business centre.

But, it`s so dark in the lobby area and they don`t make the trees ultra light to show them off more.

i-pGDrPPf-X2.jpg

Are the self serve washers and dryers coin operated or credit card like @ Disney?

They do a bit, but it is the blandest of all the hotels for decorations at Christmas......the other hotels blows the HRH out the water for Christmas decorations.

Most of our pictures have us in it, but I have a couple without us in them....these are in the main lobby area.

i-vfgnHzM-X2.jpg

i-JRFsCv6-X2.jpg

Sorry we`re in this one, but there are a few of these garlands around and that`s about it......a few little trees as you wander to either The Palm or out to the pool by the business centre.

But, it`s so dark in the lobby area and they don`t make the trees ultra light to show them off more.

i-pGDrPPf-X2.jpg
Thanks for the pictures and the info.

I could post some pics of decor in the background of some photos, but it’s not real clear.....

We do have some photos in front of the tree with the Fam.

We have stayed multiple years at HR during the Christmas season, there is enough decor to know it’s Christmas time but they do not go overboard with decorations at all, we do enjoy it, but believe it or not a couple of the other resorts actually do Christmas decor better, we always love the RP gingerbread houses, and Cabana puts up some neat stuff also, although we have only ever stayed RP and HR during the Christmas season.

We do have 10 nights at PB this year!!!
Thank you!

I haven’t been able to find a decent HRH resort map that lists details like elevator location. Anyone have one or can you tell me where/approximately how many elevator banks there are? Are there entrance and exit doors at the ends of the building, ie., one out to walking path to parks and another to parking lot on other side? Is there a gate outside the pool so you can cut through from the walking path (like RPR)? Just trying to frame a room request that minimizes walking for one member of my party. Thanks!

I haven’t been able to find a decent HRH resort map that lists details like elevator location. Anyone have one or can you tell me where/approximately how many elevator banks there are? Are there entrance and exit doors at the ends of the building, ie., one out to walking path to parks and another to parking lot on other side? Is there a gate outside the pool so you can cut through from the walking path (like RPR)? Just trying to frame a room request that minimizes walking for one member of my party. Thanks!

If you look closely in the pic posted just above you can see where the elevators are just off the south side of the lobby, they go up to the 7th floor and down to 1st where you exit to the pool or either walking path towards the boat dock or you can walk through the pool area toward the south with a gate, the gate requires a room key to access FYI, on the south side there is a door you can access as well, IMO the elevators are somewhat centrally located, like many resorts depends how far down the hallway corridor you are for walking, maybe the best request would be close to the elevators.

I never pay attention but I believe there are 6 elevators.

For some reason, I didn’t see notification of this response. Thank you so much! Exactly the info I needed!

If you look closely in the pic posted just above you can see where the elevators are just off the south side of the lobby, they go up to the 7th floor and down to 1st where you exit to the pool or either walking path towards the boat dock or you can walk through the pool area toward the south with a gate, the gate requires a room key to access FYI, on the south side there is a door you can access as well, IMO the elevators are somewhat centrally located, like many resorts depends how far down the hallway corridor you are for walking, maybe the best request would be close to the elevators.

I never pay attention but I believe there are 6 elevators.

We have booked for our first stay at HRH next month. Room only. When I booked I paid for one night for the deposit and I noticed on the first page it says that the balance is due upon DEPARTURE, which is unusual to me. I use my checking MasterCard so my funds come out of my personal account immediately. Is this a situation where they will put a hold on the funds in the amount of the balance on check in day, and then actually charge my card on check out day, thus holding out double until the pending charge falls off? We have two rooms booked for several days so that would be something I need to prepare for lol. I’ve never seen a hotel charge the balance at check out instead of check in.

We have booked for our first stay at HRH next month. Room only. When I booked I paid for one night for the deposit and I noticed on the first page it says that the balance is due upon DEPARTURE, which is unusual to me. I use my checking MasterCard so my funds come out of my personal account immediately. Is this a situation where they will put a hold on the funds in the amount of the balance on check in day, and then actually charge my card on check out day, thus holding out double until the pending charge falls off? We have two rooms booked for several days so that would be something I need to prepare for lol. I’ve never seen a hotel charge the balance at check out instead of check in.

Hooray a first stay!!!

Hopefully it’s an awesome stay!!!

I have only been charged the remaining balance of the room upon check in, however if you don’t want charging privileges you will need to notify them upon check in or they do hold a certain amount per night, I can’t remember what it is maybe a $100 per night.

When you check out any incidental charges will be taken along with parking fees if applicable.

Hooray a first stay!!!

Hopefully it’s an awesome stay!!!

I have only been charged the remaining balance of the room upon check in, however if you don’t want charging privileges you will need to notify them upon check in or they do hold a certain amount per night, I can’t remember what it is maybe a $100 per night.

When you check out any incidental charges will be taken along with parking fees if applicable.

Thank you! We are very excited and are gonna surprise our kids (15,19,22) and two of their friends at the end of our Disney trip :). They are gonna go ballistic!

Thank you! We are very excited and are gonna surprise our kids (15,19,22) and two of their friends at the end of our Disney trip :). They are gonna go ballistic!

Very awesome!!!

My kids are 19,17,11 and we love this place!

Seems if given a choice Hard Rock seems to be a popular choice, especially kids in that age range, so a surprise is excellent!!!

Anyone else hear from today (Mon June 8th) Club Level for Hard Rock will be in the Avalon Foyer and ballroom?

It makes sense as their Club Room is very small.

And a good way for the hotels to spread folks out a bit more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!