Hard rock or Royal Pacific ?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

As having posted in a few other threads I am currently looking to book a stay at universal, next year in November for 2 weeks for a birthday trip with me and a friend. this will be my first time staying on site for a long stay. I have ( I think!) Narrowed it down to two options which is the hard rock and RP. The price diffence between the two are about £800 including tickets so quite a big jump. I wanted to know if hard rock would be a better option? As I’m a bit concerned RP may be a couple based type of resort and might be odd ones out.

I’d love to know what your opinions are if any of you have stayed at both and which you prefer.

Hi all,

As having posted in a few other threads I am currently looking to book a stay at universal, next year in November for 2 weeks for a birthday trip with me and a friend. this will be my first time staying on site for a long stay. I have ( I think!) Narrowed it down to two options which is the hard rock and RP. The price diffence between the two are about £800 including tickets so quite a big jump. I wanted to know if hard rock would be a better option? As I’m a bit concerned RP may be a couple based type of resort and might be odd ones out.

I’d love to know what your opinions are if any of you have stayed at both and which you prefer.

I've stayed at both very happily. :goodvibes

I love the theming at Royal Pacific! We went as a family of three, and didn't feel out of place at all.

And I loved the location of Hard Rock! It's closest to the parks, so it was really nice to be able to just walk right over.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Hard Rock is closest to Studios side, RP is closest to IoA. RP is themed to the South Seas

I only have stayed 1 nights at Hard Rock. Multiple nights at RP. I don’t think Hard Rock is £800 better. You get express at both hotels. You can pool hop to other resorts. I would go for RP and use the savings for food costs

RP has convention space so you can get people there for business purposes. Not really a couples resort. I stayed a week there last September for Halloween Horror Nights. The hotel was full of Marcos Pizza people having a convention.

Attachments

• 71657954640__659E2267-3DE0-4544-8B8C-5D40003833B7.jpeg
    71657954640__659E2267-3DE0-4544-8B8C-5D40003833B7.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 71658117605__EE91EB2B-18F9-4C96-9BD9-3CE062B63671.jpeg
    71658117605__EE91EB2B-18F9-4C96-9BD9-3CE062B63671.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

My family just had a great stay at Royal Pacific. Great ambience, nice spaces to hang out in, incredibly friendly staff at the Tuk-Tuk market..... no "couples only" vibe. There was a convention or something happening (saw a few signs), but it didn't impact our stay. We stayed at Hard Rock on our last trip and I was worried that the walk to the parks would feel longer - it didn't. I definitely prefer Royal Pacific out of the two.

I've stayed at both and I'd probably pick RP.

The walk during HHN to hard rock is great, but there are so many more options at RP IMO.
Sushi, Islands, Jakes and the pool bar are all great.
I do wish they still had Emeril's or had replaced it with something similar.

You have easy access to Sapphire Falls and the Rum bar, it's pool and pool bar and a great food court over at Aventura.

You can also walk or take the boat.

You can get a suite at Sapphire Falls for around the same as a regular hotel room at HR or RP. For two weeks, I think you'll be a LOT more comfortable in a suite. You won't get Express Pass, but you're there for two weeks--you'll get to do everything you want and more.
As I’m a bit concerned RP may be a couple based type of resort
Um, no.

I've stayed at both very happily. :goodvibes

I love the theming at Royal Pacific! We went as a family of three, and didn't feel out of place at all.

And I loved the location of Hard Rock! It's closest to the parks, so it was really nice to be able to just walk right over.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.
Thanks for the reply!

Thanks everyone for the input it seems like RP is the popular choice! I guess it would be smarter to save the extra money.

You can get a suite at Sapphire Falls for around the same as a regular hotel room at HR or RP. For two weeks, I think you'll be a LOT more comfortable in a suite. You won't get Express Pass, but you're there for two weeks--you'll get to do everything you want and more.

Um, no.
Do they have twin bed suites at sapphire or are they all king? Thanks for the advice.

Stayed at all the premiers, and love them all for different reasons. If money wasn't a factor, I'd choose Hard Rock because you can't beat how close it is, and we love eating at the Kitchen. At almost a $1,000 difference, I'd choose RP for sure. It's like 4 minutes longer of a walk, not worth $800 to save 4 minutes.

As others have said, RP is not a couples resort at all. It's usually the least expensive of the 3 premiers, so it tends to attract families who need more than one room. It feels the most family oriented of all 3 to me. Hard Rock definitely feels the more adult of the two, and Portofino especially does with its theme, spa, and distance from parks.

I don't recommend Sapphire. If I had the option, I wouldn't give up my EP unless I had to. You never know when you might need them, and with kids or a family group who wants to stay together, they are even more valuable. You can hop over and use all the amenities at Sapphire from RP. I'd rather have a week with EP than 2 without. That's too long anyway for Universal. Even at a week, we usually schedule in other activities outside of the park or lots of pool / water park time. I'd also do CB family suites over Sapphire if I am going to bother downgrading to save money.

This is speaking from the lesson I learned going in February when I was deciding between Hard Rock and Aventura. I decided to go with Aventura to save the $ because it should have been the off-season. It ended up being summer level crowds and awful!!! I've actually gone in the summer when it was less crowded. It was so bad. I've gone that same week or around that time in February multiple times in the past when the park was empty, so you just never know anymore.

Stayed at all the premiers, and love them all for different reasons. If money wasn't a factor, I'd choose Hard Rock because you can't beat how close it is, and we love eating at the Kitchen. At almost a $1,000 difference, I'd choose RP for sure. It's like 4 minutes longer of a walk, not worth $800 to save 4 minutes.

As others have said, RP is not a couples resort at all. It's usually the least expensive of the 3 premiers, so it tends to attract families who need more than one room. It feels the most family oriented of all 3 to me. Hard Rock definitely feels the more adult of the two, and Portofino especially does with its theme, spa, and distance from parks.

I don't recommend Sapphire. If I had the option, I wouldn't give up my EP unless I had to. You never know when you might need them, and with kids or a family group who wants to stay together, they are even more valuable. You can hop over and use all the amenities at Sapphire from RP. I'd rather have a week with EP than 2 without. That's too long anyway for Universal. Even at a week, we usually schedule in other activities outside of the park or lots of pool / water park time. I'd also do CB family suites over Sapphire if I am going to bother downgrading to save money.

This is speaking from the lesson I learned going in February when I was deciding between Hard Rock and Aventura. I decided to go with Aventura to save the $ because it should have been the off-season. It ended up being summer level crowds and awful!!! I've actually gone in the summer when it was less crowded. It was so bad. I've gone that same week or around that time in February multiple times in the past when the park was empty, so you just never know anymore.
Thank you for the advice, I think I will regret it if we didn’t have the EP even if it’s just the two of us and like you mentioned you never know the crowds. Especially as it’ll be Veterans Day whilst we’re there.We’ll be visiting Disney and hopefully epic too but the majority will be spent at universal. I think I’ve been persuaded to book RP, nice to know that it’s more family friendly. Appreciate the help.

My family just had a great stay at Royal Pacific. Great ambience, nice spaces to hang out in, incredibly friendly staff at the Tuk-Tuk market..... no "couples only" vibe. There was a convention or something happening (saw a few signs), but it didn't impact our stay. We stayed at Hard Rock on our last trip and I was worried that the walk to the parks would feel longer - it didn't. I definitely prefer Royal Pacific out of the two.
Thank you for the advice , I’ve watched quite a few videos and the giant pretzels look amazing there!

Thank you for the advice , I’ve watched quite a few videos and the giant pretzels look amazing there!
I highly recommend the Tuk-Tuk tarts :-). The coke freestyle machine has a water option for refilling travel cups and water bottles (though it will first warn you that you don't have the right kind of cup). If you want a cup for ice water, just ask at the register and they'll give you a good sized plastic cup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter