hard to believe, but i'm actually going to make it to a podcast event!! - woo hoo!!!!

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
i've been trying for years to get to a podcast event, but without success.

i was even signed up for two of the earliest podcast cruises, but then both of my kids decided those weeks were THE weeks to have their weddings.....

And since then no date has ever worked out.

(e.g, next july we'll be on our big family post cancer treatment celebration european cruise on the disney magic at the very same time as the podcast disneyland trip)

so i was THRILLED to find out that the 2019 party will be just after we get back (we get home on july 26)...
so my wonderful daughter (Mickeymouseisking on the boards) and i will be winging our way across the atlantic come next august so we can FINALLY participate in a podcast event.

I totally can't believe my dream is coming true!

i can't wait......in fact i can't even wait to sign up!!.....

Summer 2019, hurry up already!!!! :)

Last edited:
i've been trying for years to get to a podcast event, but without success.

i was even signed up for two of the earliest podcast cruises, but then both of my kids decided those weeks were THE weeks to have their weddings.....

And since then no date has ever worked out.

(e.g, next july we'll be on our big family post cancer treatment celebration european cruise on the disney magic at the very same time as the podcast disneyland trip)

so i was THRILLED to find out that the 2019 party will be just after we get back (we get home on july 26)...
so my wonderful daughter (Mickeymouseisking on the boards) and i will be winging our way across the atlantic come next august so we can FINALLY participate in a podcast event.

I totally can't believe my dream is coming true!

i can't wait......in fact i can't even wait to sign up!!.....

Summer 2019, hurry up already!!!! :)

I know how you've excitedly talked about wanting to attend, so VERY happy for you!! party:

I know how you've excitedly talked about wanting to attend, so VERY happy for you!! party:

thanks!!

That's awesome, Beth! I hope to get to meet you.

i hope to meet you as well!! party:

i noticed your signature.....my very first visit to WDW was back in 1974, camping (in a tent) at fort wilderness......so much fun and truly magical, though it's hard to imagine that there was only one park back then - the magic kingdom!!! :)

Last edited:

i noticed your signature.....my very first visit to WDW was back in 1974, camping (in a tent) at fort wilderness......so much fun and truly magical, though it's hard to imagine that there was only one park back then - the magic kingdom!!! :)
Yep. First visit was Memorial Day weekend 1978. We stayed at the Golf Resort (now Shades of Green). There was one park and the shopping village (now Disney Springs). In high school, I went a few times with my best friend and his parents and we stayed in Fort Wilderness. Parents stayed in their RV and he and I pitched a tent on the site. I'm honestly not sure my visit count is correct. It is at least 38 but may well be more. Disney World was a far simpler trip back then.

Yep. First visit was Memorial Day weekend 1978. We stayed at the Golf Resort (now Shades of Green). There was one park and the shopping village (now Disney Springs). In high school, I went a few times with my best friend and his parents and we stayed in Fort Wilderness. Parents stayed in their RV and he and I pitched a tent on the site. I'm honestly not sure my visit count is correct. It is at least 38 but may well be more. Disney World was a far simpler trip back then.

that first trip in May, 1974, was at the end of my freshman year in college.
My best friend (still today, 44 years later) and I, drove down from baltimore....we picked up her sister at the navy base in pensacola and the 3 of us camped at fort wilderness...
for both of us, that was the beginning of our love of WDW (and probably all things disney)...
i'm actually hoping she'll meet us at WDW for the party.....it will be an abandon husbands week for all 3 of us :) (even though our better halves also love disney)...

i think after the tent trip, my next visit to WDW was in 1978 with my husband on our honeymoon...after that it was pretty much every year until recently when it's been every few years....

and yes, it was a LOT simpler back then - even with the A,B,C,D,E tickets..........

And it wasn't long after that they went to all inclusive tickets. By 1980, I believe, they were selling the "passports" and once Epcot opened in 1982, the letter tickets were gone for good.

i'm sure you're right....i remember using letter tickets on our honeymoon in 1978, but i don't recall after that..

i'm sure you're right....i remember using letter tickets on our honeymoon in 1978, but i don't recall after that..
Late 70s they started selling passes on a very limited basis to Magic Kingdom Club members, and then around 1980 to everyone in the lead up to Epcot opening in 82. Epcot has only ever had the passes.

Of course, back then the passes were hand stamped at the turnstile each day, and unused days were good forever.

I remember having to get a hand stamped if you were going to park hop, or leave/come back to a park during my first visits in the early 90's.
Yep. They had to do that because the ticket was just a piece of paper that they stamped with the date when you entered. There was nothing stopping you from leaving the park and handing that ticket to someone else to re-enter. There was no biometric scan back then.

Unless something crazy happens I will be there. Booked my preliminary room at SSR today since it was the 11 month mark but hoping to move to AKL or an Epcot area resort at the 7 month mark.
Yay! It will be great to see you. We haven't booked anything yet. I haven't actually gotten approval yet for my PTO. Apparently 2-week requests need special authorization. Once I know my actual travel dates, we'll book a house offsite. Since it's August, I want a place with a pool.

Yay! It will be great to see you. We haven't booked anything yet. I haven't actually gotten approval yet for my PTO. Apparently 2-week requests need special authorization. Once I know my actual travel dates, we'll book a house offsite. Since it's August, I want a place with a pool.
It will be good to see you guys as well. Will your daughter be joining you for this trip?

I put most of my 2019 vacation dates in at work the day after the announcement since my travel plans for next year were hinging on what the Dis is doing/the dates. So I’ll be there 8/6-12 for the Dis event, then I’m going to D23(thankfully only needed one day off since no travel is involved there other then staying in a hotel for the weekend), and I’m going to WDW for 9 nights in October/November next year for my birthday and to finally get to food and wine.

I am hoping to make this work. This is a busy time for me but it will be very hard to pass up a DIS event like this. I will probably book a DIS block room if I go.
I hope you make it as well since I know d23 is likely out for you, but we do have to get to to Disneyland one of these days.

It will be good to see you guys as well. Will your daughter be joining you for this trip?
Who knows? She's a full-fledged adult now having graduated college in May. She isn't working yet but darn well better be by next August. Hopefully she'll be able to come at least for the party. DW and I are planning to come for 2 weeks as long as I can get the time approved. If not we'll come for as long as I can. DD can always fly down and join us for part of the stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!