Harmony Barbershop for My First Haircut

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
We're wanting to do the 'first haircut' package at Harmony for our 2.5 year old. Assuming that we can actually get a reservation, will the barbers tolerate ANY squirming? The Disney website says that kids must be able to be still in the chair, but this is a 2.5 year old and he has never been 100% still in a chair in his life, so far. I think if we hand him a phone with some Blippi on it we stand a shot of him sitting still... he's a pretty chill kid on the whole.

They should be able to sit reasonably still, but totally...no worries about that, at least in our experience. This was (barely) pre-covid in March 2020 just before the shutdown, but DD was 10 months at the time and we did the first haircut package and loved the experience.
Gary was the name of the man who cut her hair and he (and I am sure the other people who work/worked there) had toys that we could use to distract her so that she wouldn't move too much during the process. If we ever had another kid and were at Disney World when they were old enough to get their first haircut we would absolutely do it again.

My three year old has had his haircut there 3-4 times since reopening and they are fantastic with wiggly toddlers and babies. They always have a toy to hand them and they move quickly. It's an amazing experience, and they do a great job!

Honestly, in all my time in there I've seen 1 adult. 95% of their clients are the under 4 crowd so it's a typical day for them to have a squirmy kid in their chair.

Yup, my kid squirmed even holding onto the toy they gave him, but the girl cutting the hair was a pro about it. The haircut itself was crooked and pretty bad, but what can you expect with sharp scissors around a squirming kid. When I went, it was actually 2 adults getting a haircut and 1 kid squirming (mine).

They do a great job! They know they're kids and make accommodations. That was the best haircut my son ever got and he's 5 now.

They have some tricks. If you think your kid can be reasonably still, that's enough. They've seen worse. It was the best haircut we ever got as well.

My second question is: how do you get over the heartbreak when your sweet little angel baby ages from 2.5 - 5 in the span of a single haircut? Our son is really big for his age and I know when we cut the hair he's been growing for 2.5 years he's going to look twice his age and I'm not ready!!! :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

My son had his first haircut there at age 1. Literally a day or two after his birthday. If I had realized sitting still was a requirement, I probably wouldn’t have made the appointment! He can barely sit still 8 years later, lol. So I wouldn’t worry about it. They are wonderful with toddlers and it was such a fun experience! It is one of my favorite Disney memories.

Thank you for posting this, I was worried, too! We actually have two getting their first haircuts. I schedule both at the same time, should I have done 2 different times? Worried that they will be with different cast members at the same time and we won't be able to see them.

Thank you for posting this, I was worried, too! We actually have two getting their first haircuts. I schedule both at the same time, should I have done 2 different times? Worried that they will be with different cast members at the same time and we won't be able to see them.
I think it's all in the same room, so you should be able to watch both at once.

The barbers are AMAZING. My hands down all time favorite photo is from our oldest son's first hair cut at the Harmony Barbershop. He squirmed and moved but she was fantastic and it didn't seem to phase her in the least while she trimmed. I made a reservation for my youngest on our upcoming trip.

It's just 3 chairs side by side. Don't get too hung up on the timing - they do them back to back and often run behind schedule.... and often run ahead of schedule. They slide in walk-ins when able, too. Depends on how the day goes. When they finish with a person, they clean their station, walk over to the list, and call whomever is next. So your kids may be doing them at separate times anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter