Has anyone been picked up at AKL by DCL?

disneydreamer1970

Loves planning surprise Disney trips!
We are planning on staying at AKL before our 7 day eastern cruise next year. I would love to hear from anyone that has been picked up at AKL by DCL. What time do they pick you up, etc?

Thank you!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi, I don't know if this will help or not. I saw that no ones been able to help you yet.

The only info I can give you is kind of second hand. 2 years ago we stayed at POR. We were given the option of going to Animal Kingdom in the morning if you wanted to do a character breakfast. We didn't go.

We were picked up at POR at 12:15pm. Now, here's the connection (LOL). They did not fill up the first bus and then went to AK to pick up people.

I know you said AKL, and I don't know if that is a resort that is a part of the land/sea package. The buses do not start very early picking up. Personally, and from other posts as well, I would take a car service. You get there earlier than the buses and there is no line at the resort.

You said that you are on a 7-night. I'm not sure how they run everything for these. When we did the land/sea, it was convenient to take the dcl buses because we didn't have to check in at the terminal. We just walked right on the ship. But as I mentioned, the buses will get there later.

Have fun and I hoped this helped a little. Or maybe someone else will have more for you.

We just spent this weekend at AKL and passed the DCL desk several times. As I recall, the sign indicated pick up time of 12:30, but I wasn't paying that much attention, so I could be off. I know it wasn't any earlier than 11:30. If it was me, I would arrange my own transport earlier. But don't miss the AKL - it was great!

I had a co-worker who cruised in June and left from there - he did not get to the port until 2:15, way too late for me. I like to beard around 12:30, after the first rush is over. Works out great for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter