Has anyone been to Club 33 lately???

bunninose

Native So Cal Gal
I just got invited to go!! The reservation is for 1:45pm on Sunday 10.29.
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

I have a some questions:
1) It wasn't made clear - there was something said of ordering the entree from a menu, but sides, salads and desserts were buffet style - does this sound right?

2) They said that entrance to both parks for the day is complementary,a nd we'll get the tickets when we go to will-call, which will also serve as checking in for our reservation. My question: some of us have annual passes - can our entrance tickets be given to others to use (who would not be dining with us)? We'd like to bring my MIL to go play with our son for a few hours while we have a relaxing meal with my co-corkers. Is this possible without buying her a ticket of her own - can she use my complimentary park entrance ticket??

3) Does it include parking? If so, how is that handled? (I'm asking for my co-workers coming from the opposite direction since we have parking with our APs)

4) what is the current menu? Both DH and I are doing weight watchers and we'd like a head's up on our choices so we can make up our minds before we go in, decreasing the evil temptations that will dance before us on the dessert menu.

I can't think of anything else at the moment (way too excited!! :banana: :banana: ) but I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on!!

I'll tackle #4....as a fellow WW member, ARE YOU KIDDING, SCRAP WW FOR THE DAY AND ENJOY ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!! After all how often do you get the opportunity to dine at Club 33?

Really just relax and have a great time.

ah yes...we go almost every other day :snooty: NOT!!! :rotfl: good luck on finding your answers...most of us only dream about going to 33....on my last visit, I sat outside the door in hopes to get someone going in there to take me with them :lmao: however, my dreams were shattered and no one showed :sad2:
hmmm I wonder if I went to the door and rang the buzzer and told them that I was in DL and my dreams are supposed to come true here and my dream is to come inside Club 33 if they would let me :scratchin

congrats to ya though ;)

I'll second what samkj said - don't worry about points that night!!!!

Just be conservative with your points the week before you go so you can splurge that night!!!

It's been awhile since I've been, but I'll try to help. ;)

1) We went for lunch and that's exactly how it worked.

2) There should be no problem with your MIL using your Club 33 pass. It's a regular admission ticket with the Club 33 info coded & in small print on the bottom. It can only be used the day of your meal though.

3) We did not need parking either so I'm not positive about this one, but I don't think parking is included.

4) I had a huge plate of pasta with all kinds of creamy sauces - I'm sure a no no on WW. DH had steak. Sorry I don't remember all the choices.

Take your camera, really take your time and look around, bring big bucks if you want any of the Club 33 merchandise, make a trip to the ladies room (whether you need to or not) and enjoy!

Parking is not included with your reservation (not unless your host has prearranged for parking vouchers). Only the member gets to park for free utilizing their Club 33 card.

The menu, for lunch and dinner, does change each season and they do rotate the menu every 2 weeks within the season.

Have a great time!

I have reservations for Saturday the 7th at Noon. I can't wait. :woohoo: I haven't been in 20 years. Last time I went they gave us a match book with our last name embossed on the cover. Very cool souveiner. :thumbsup2

1) This is correct - You will be given a menu with maybe 6 Entree' choices to choose from. A tip I didn't know, they are ALL the same price, so get whatever looks the most decadent and tasty. The cold appetizer buffet and dessert buffet are phenomenal!

2) The tickets are regular paper tickets, your MIL should be able to use them. But they are intended for your party, so I wouldn't go handing them out to strangers or anything.

3) Parking is not included. Use your AP's or pay when you get there :)

4) Ok, ditch the diet! It's a once in a lifetime dining experience, you really want to enjoy it! LOL I've done weight watchers, and honestly, I don't think anything there qualifies, LOL.. Hubby had the chateubriand and I had the pasta trio (see pics here Club 33 food )

Enjoy your experience!

OH WOW! Have a great time! Thats amazing you get to go. Thats something everyone dreams about.

Answer to #1: Entrees are ordered from a menu. Side Dishes and dessert are buffet-style. Side dishes include cheese/crackers, salads, coldcuts (if I recall from our visit back in August), and desserts include cheesecakes, mousse, tortes...YUM!

Answer to #2: Here's a thread on another Disney Website talking about this very issue:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=900949&postcount=6

Answer to #3: No, it doesn't include parking, so if you have an AP w/ parking privileges, use that.

Answer to #4: I don't remember what was on the menu, but my DH ordered fish and I ordered their steak. Both were delicious! I agree with other posters...ditch the diet for one day and enjoy yourselves! :)

Have a WONDERFUL time at Club 33!

Club 33 is a private club within the DL park. The entrance is located next to the Blue Bayou. There is no sign proclaiming what is behind the door, only a street number "33"

I just ate there Saturday night for dinner and it was fabulous! I imagine the lunch and dinner choices differ, but the dinner menu offered steak, chicken, pork chops, fish and some vegetarian choices. Lots to choose from.

I ate there in Juneand it did follow what you are describing. There is shellfish gallore and desserts gallore! I always get the redmeat selection when I go so I don't know about WW. I am on WW but not at DL! I never eat much dessert b/c I am sooooo full from eating the lobster and shrimp!

Have a great time. Take your time there!!!! You get roughly 2 hours to eat soooooooo take it! Who know when you will be back.

I haven't been for dinner in awhile but the last time I did I spent a fortune b/c I got the meal where you got the glass of wine with each course. That time there wan't a buffet set-up. That was a couple of years back too.

Brendella said:
I have reservations for Saturday the 7th at Noon. I can't wait. :woohoo: I haven't been in 20 years. Last time I went they gave us a match book with our last name embossed on the cover. Very cool souveiner. :thumbsup2

I have some of those matches too! Grew up with a family membership---knew it was special but didn't know how special until reading the DIS years later! Ran across the matches when cleaning out some old boxes last year---along with a Club 33 pen. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter