Has anyone been to Shanghai Disney in December?

khsu

Earning My Ears
We are planning to end a winter break trip to China in Shanghai. (We will plan to hit Xian, Chengdu, too) We are coming from Boston, DS is 13 and DD is 9. Has anyone been to Shanghai Disney in December? Trying to anticipate and figure out if we may need 1-2 days.

We fly back to the US on December 30, and I think we may try to hit Disneyland Friday, December 28 - don't know if the New Year's Eve holiday will make lines long in the winter.

Thanks in advance!

I went to SDL last December, but it was in mid-Dec. I did 2 days at the park, but we only spend 4-6 hours each because DD(2) is having a fever. I would think if we do rope drop and spend all day at the park, we can do everything in 1 day. The crowd is lower than I anticipate. So with a good touring plan, you can do it in 1 day.

But I think closer to New Year it would be crowded probably from tourist outside China. So I would plan 2 days at the park. If let's say you finish the park at 1.5 days, you can explore Disneytown or take a boat ride to Disneyland Hotel for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!