Has anyone checked in their owner locker with airline

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
We'll be taking SW home and want to put my Owners Locker tote as checked bag. Had anyone done this.TIA

Last edited:
I thought the idea of the Owners Locker was that they stored it in their facility until you came back again.

I believe you can use a tote as your checked luggage as long as it is under 50 lbs and has the lid well secured.

We are no longer going to use Owners Locker system after our upcoming trip this December.
So I either have to take it home with me or try to give it to someone else .
If I can give it to someone else that needs a storage bin , fine.
But they can not use it for storage at Owners Locker facility).

We'll be taking SW home and want to put my Owners Locker tote as checked bag. Had anyone done this.TIA
You could mail it. We mailed several large Rubbermaid tubs with my son's extra clothes that he brought to Massachusetts for the summer and then he had the two of us ride back with him and we needed the room in the car. We just taped it up really good and took it to the post office.

Been an OL customer for years, I had no idea we got to keep the bin if we cancel the service.

I wouldn't use zip ties as the only means of securing it if going as checked airline baggage. If the security screening needs to open it, then likely it won't be as securely closed after that. Not familiar with that particular type of container, but most airlines have size/weight restrictions on checked baggage. If an unusually large size, you might have to pay extra.

I wouldn't use zip ties as the only means of securing it if going as checked airline baggage. If the security screening needs to open it, then likely it won't be as securely closed after that. Not familiar with that particular type of container, but most airlines have size/weight restrictions on checked baggage. If an unusually large size, you might have to pay extra.

Some people use locks on their OL when it is stored in Orlando. I wonder if the TSA-approved locks would fit if you were checking it on a plane.

Been an OL customer for years, I had no idea we got to keep the bin if we cancel the service.

I'm assuming its because everyone gets a new bin when they start the service. I also guess that an option is to just toss it.

If I can't take it on the plane.
I will simply put it on here if anyone wants it . And make arrangements to pick it up - with the upstanding that it is for their personal use and can't be used at Owners Locker .
If anyone is interested PM me.:wave: I'll be at OKW on Dec 21st.

I can't imagine why you couldn't check it. I've seen weirder stuff at baggage claim. Also people here have checked coolers. Just secure it with maybe some tape around the middle. The holes on the end for locks/cable ties should keep them closed. Oh and I would pack it with something.

I wonder if the TSA-approved locks would fit if you were checking it on a plane.

Not sure what a 'TSA-approved' lock it. All checked baggage is x-rayed and if something suspicious shows up inside, they have to open it to see what it contains. My comment related more to the fact that temporary tape/zip-ties etc. would be of little use if security needed to inspect the contents.

I wonder if the TSA-approved locks would fit if you were checking it on a plane.

Not sure what a 'TSA-approved' lock it. All checked baggage is x-rayed and if something suspicious shows up inside, they have to open it to see what it contains. My comment related more to the fact that temporary tape/zip-ties etc. would be of little use if security needed to inspect the contents.

Its a lock that TSA can open with a master key. Its has a special symbol on it.

1_6c8d42fa-7e87-49c8-b136-f29f3b51809d_grande.png

url

But the locker looks like it has holes for locks on the handles. You would just have to use lock with a bigger loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter