Has anyone done Crystal Palace for lunch?

caribear

I love WDW!
Just wondering if anyone has any lunch reviews for Crystal Palace? My dd, 2, loves Pooh and Friends, but we have already been to the Crystal Palace 2 times for dinner in the past 4 weeks...so I was thinking about trying lunch next time. The service and character interaction were both great on our last 2 dinner trips, so I just wanted to see what everyone has experienced during lunch.

Thanks!!

We have done CP at Lunchtime! It's wonderful! The food is always hot and plentiful and Pooh and Friends are there for photos and autographs! It's one of our favorite places! We try to always get the first lunch seating...around 11 am. ENJOY!

We've had lunch at Crystal Palace on our last 2 visits to MK. The first was a walk in after about a half hour wait and the other was at a PS we had for 11:30 am. I thought it would be too early for lunch, but since we had breakfast before 8 am, everyone in our family of 3 small kids was ready for something to eat. It was great to sit inside the air conditioned restaurant and it's beautiful inside with all the glass windows throughout. Much better than grabbing a hot dog in the heat!

The food was plentiful, lots of choices and there is a separate kids buffet and ice cream station. I think they have the same food as dinner time, with a much lower price tag!

Thanks for the info! I just made a PS for lunch! The lunch menu looks pretty different than the dinner menu, so I hope that is true. It shows lunch meats/salads for the lunch buffet. I love seeing dd's face light up when she sees Pooh and Friends!

We've eaten here for lunch several times. In fact, it's our favorite meal at WDW- for the food! We love Crystal Palace and the characters are great too! We usually eat a light breakfast, eat a later lunch at Crystal Palace, then snack for dinner. It always works out great for us!princess:

We had lunch about 12:40. We got to see all the characters, but Piglet took a while to get to us. The characters do a "Special Day" parade type dance. Be sure to tape it the first time, because I think they only do it once per hour. We had delicious food-the salmon (I think), and beef with gravy were incredible! They even had cold cuts and bread, salads, and deserts. The pecan chocolate squares and marble cheesecake squares were amazing!

While I realize that Eeyore should be part of the "Pooh and Friends"...

Is Eeyore at CP? DD19 is big Eeyore fan, and has informed me that she isn't leaving WDW until she gets here picture taken with Eeyore...

Does anyone know of anyplace elese that he might be found?

Originally posted by mickey0216
While I realize that Eeyore should be part of the "Pooh and Friends"...

Is Eeyore at CP? DD19 is big Eeyore fan, and has informed me that she isn't leaving WDW until she gets here picture taken with Eeyore...

Does anyone know of anyplace elese that he might be found?

Eeyore is part of the characters at Crystal Palace. Your daughter, even at 19, would have a blast here with all the Hundred Acre Woods gang.

Eeyore is also found on a regular basis over in Animal Kingdom, not at Camp Mickey, but some other greeting area (sorry the name is not coming to me). Its a small trail that takes you back to meet all the Pooh characters.

We have had lunch there 2 times and dinner 1 time. I prefer the lunch. Its just as good as dinner--as a matter of fact I couldnt even tell the difference in the food offered and its cheaper. Not much of a savings for just a couple of people but there are 7 of us. Lunch is about $4 cheaper so that equals a saving of about $28 for us.
As for Eeyore the last time we were there and took all the kids pics with Eeyore I told dh I wanted a pic with just and E. I gave E a big hug and said thanks then I heard a kissing noise coming from E :teeth:

We prefer the lunch as well and have been there many times. The food is plentiful and good and the characters often make it to the tables twice if you linger a bit - or missed your favorite while at the buffet! I have not noticed an appreciable difference in the foods offered at dinner and lunch, except perhaps the addition of seafood at dinner, but one of my crew is allergic, so that is not really a bonus for us. And, of course, dinner prices are higher.

The only issue we have started to have is that if we are dining there for lunch, we try to make it our "big" meal of the day and subsequently have a light dinner or snack. Sometimes we get so full at lunch that further park touring is a challenge! ;) However, it is a great place and I highly recommend it for any meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter