Has anyone eaten at Yak and Yeti with nut allergies?

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
We have all been dying to eat at Yak and Yeti and have a reservation for our trip in 1 month. DS has a nut allergy and carries an epipen- he is true ingestion only with the worst being peanut, cashew and pistachio. No coconut issue (but he will avoid).
Places that serve lots of nuts we usually order him something off the kids menu even though he is 14 (we will pay an upcharge if requested) or just ask for plane chicken, pasta, rice or steak if they can accommodate no cross contamination.
We are trying to do 'new' places and break out of the same old stuff this trip with the kids being older and my son being more responsible for what goes in his mouth. But I did want to ask about anyone having experiences with their adherence to allergy requests for 'separate cooking area etc..

If you have access to Facebook I recommend following the "Disney Food Allergy Group" and asking your question there. They will have better answers for you I presume.

Yes, I have severe tree nut, peanut and various other allergies. All the restaurants I went to were very good about making sure I didn't have a reaction. I would request to talk to the chef a let him know how severe your sons allergy is. They will take good care of him.

We've eaten there a few times with my DS (16 now) who is anaphylactic to peanut and tree nuts and shellfish. No problems and he had a lot of things to choose from on the menu. There's some places we never eat because we have no interest but the only places we avoid are Mexico (served the worse allergy dinner there ever) and that Raglan Road in Disney Springs - which is the ONLY restaurant in the history of his allergy that has actually served him a nut. The manager tried to claim at first it was a large OAT - since it was in a dessert with an oat crumble - but it was actually an almond. I'm not sure if he ate an almond or not but there were pieces of almond in it. I posted on here afterwards about it and someone else mentioned their grandchild had been served nuts there as well (and had a reaction - had to go to the hospital). They were never apologetic - no response ever from the corporate office about it either. If you ever see a tourist giving RR a one finger salute as they are walking by it that's probably me - I always feel like going in there and telling them how annoyed I still am at them - like 8 years later - lol.

We try to stick with Disney run restaurants but never had an issue with Y&Y and also T-Rex - both have been amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter