Has anyone ever actually ordered the Kitchen Sink at Beaches n Cream???

waltdisneyworlddreamer

100% WDW Fanatic
I've seen it on one of the travel channel shows. It sounds interesting, though very pricey for ice cream.

Kitchen Sink - scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coffee and mint chocolate chip, smothered in every topping we have $21.99

Has anyone ever actually had it???

OMGosh!!! I just looked at that picture :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

LOL...I think I got a few cavities just from looking at that mountain of gooey yumminess!!

We had one in 2003.. We had it for lunch..The marched out with it and everyone applauded..It was great.There were 7 of us(5 kids) and we had it for lunch
Hey it's a pretty cheap lunch for 7 people :)

We had one during our last trip! We enjoyed it but we liked the toppings better than anything. I didn't care some of the ice cream flavors, but the strawberry kind they put in there is VERY good. It was a fun thing to do, and we took pictures and enjoyed the way they make it into a big event. But we probably wont get one again, just because it was pretty pricey and there's so much in it. We couldn't eat it all. But we ate most of it :smooth:

Yes, we ordered one with 5 in our party. We used Q&C vouchers for our meal and we were able to get 2 desserts. We ordered the kitchen sink and no way jose. We could not finish the kithchen sink, but we did a pretty good job on it.

We had it on our second trip with a voucher. There were 3 of us (one 2 year old) and we barely made a dent in it!

We had one for our dinner (Hey, it's vacation-we can eat ice cream for dinner), just DH and myself. The experience where they flash the lights, march out, and everyone applauds is so cool! For just the two of us, we made a dent in the ice cream, but didn't even try to eat any of the other stuff. After we went, I heard about a couple that went there and put all the "extras" (brownies, chocolate bar, angel food cake, etc.) in a zip loc bag and just ate the ice cream. Then they had snacks for their room. Maybe we'll try that next time, and it's so much fun, there will definitely be a next time!

We (myself, adult son, and 8 y/o GD) just got back this past weekend. I took them to Beaches and Cream the day we arrived (01/09/05) without telling them anything about the place, except they had good hamburgers. They ordered hamburgers and fries and I made my GD get the child's burger and fries. She got upset and said she was starving and wanted a regular burger. I told her I was going to order a special dessert, but the only catch was she had to eat it all. She saw them bring out the regular sundaes and said she could easily eat that and wasn't worried. I told her I was going to order her a small sundae. She then proceeded to eat all of her burgers and most of her fries. I went to the counter and quietly ordered the Kitchen Sink replacing the coffee ice cream with strawberry. They cut the lights, rang the bell, and loudly announced that the Kitchen sink was their largest sundae and included all their toppings, as well as a full can of whipped cream. When they sat it down in front of her, my GD was so embarrassed she almost cried. We got some really cute pictures, but barely made a dent in the Kitchen Sink. We had a hard time digging through it to find the ice cream as all the ice cream is in the bottom. When my GD told me I lied, I told her I did not--I ordered her a small kitchen sink and if she looked at it, it was small (for a kitchen sink). :rolleyes: The meal was $50. plus, but it was worth it just for the pictures and the look on her and my son's face. The only thing though is all week she said she never wanted another Kitchen Sink and that it was 'NASTY'. The waitress took a picture of us with it and I had it made into a 5x7 when we got back.

We have ordered the kitchen sink for lunch with newbie groups on a couple of occasions. While it is fun, I really don't like it all that much. They put EVERY ice cream flavor and EVERY topping on it, and that makes for some weird flavors that I don't necessarily associate with desert.

However, with a group of at least 4 or 5, you can put a good dent in it.

Carol

We got the Kitchen Sink and there was 4 of us. DH, DS, DDIL and me.

We had eaten our Fantasmic dinner at MGM around 4 o'clock so after the show we hopped over to Beaches and Cream for a late snack. When the waiter came out with it he announced....."These little piggies ordered the Kitchen Sink!" We put a good dent in it. And then we waddled back to our rooms.

We had one on our trip and it was SOOOO much fun!!! There were 5 of us and we made a pretty good dent in it. We had a late breakfast that day and went about 3:00 for our dessert/snack. Our suggestion would be to get it without the coffee ice cream. It melts and goes all through the dessert and everything tastes like coffee ice cream. They told us afterward that we could have ordered it without it, or substituted another flavor for it. It may be pricey for a dessert, but the fun and experience is well worth it IMO. My kids had so much fun that they can't wait to have it again.

We went there another time and just had lunch. The burgers and onion rings are awesome!! We were so full after lunch, I don't know how anyone can have a meal and a kitchen sink and still be able to walk! More power to those that can!

It's one of those unique things that you can only do at WDW! Do it and enjoy!

Our kitchen sink was one of the highlights of our trip last July. The presentation was sooo fun!! The five of us had a great time with it but didn't really make a dent in it. :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter