Has anyone had (or know of) a successful request for a banking deadline exceptions?

eileenkeeney

Whatever
I got sort of lucky on my last trip. Due to overbooking, they put me in this awesome suite in the Contemporary, instead of the 2 bedroom BLT room I had booked. It was a one night reservation (we were moving to AKV the next day).
What I had not expected was that they would also refund the 37 points to my DVC account. The problem is, it is past my banking deadline, and the points expire at the end of March.
I am wondering if it is worth the effort to request a banking exception, and if it is, how would I best go about getting this done?
I won't feel cheated if I can not bank the points, as I feel like I was well compensated already, with the awesome suite they provided for me.

Last edited:
They will often bank those points so long as they were current. If they were banked or borrowed you might just take the loss.

I’d give them a call, They have been known to do this. However, how long ago was this? Sometimes, they will return to your account when they end up moving you and then take the points back a few weeks later.

But, if they did indeed give you the points back, given the unexpected move, I am sure you can get MS to bank them if, as mentioned, they are not borrowed or banked points

Thank you. Phone calls really stress me out, so I am attempting the request by email. I just sent it, I will post the result when I get a response.

I have never used (or asked for) an exception before and really don't expect to need one again. But I do not know if the previous owners ever used one (I bought resale long before resale restrictions).
I tend to manage my points pretty well, but there is always a risk of needing to cancel a reservation after a banking deadline.
I don't know if I have borrowed points within the 37 refunded, but I might. I don't remember what order I made the reservations in, but 14 points were borrowed for one of my reservations that trip.

My complimentary night, on the 14th floor of the contemporary, was pretty awesome. I now understand why folks pay extra for club level. They even taught my sister how to use the Disney app on her phone and helped us get our accounts connected so that she could schedule fast passes for the whole party. So if I lose the 37 points, I won't feel cheated in anyway or feel any loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter