Has anyone met their match on this site?

Yes, over the years there have been some couples that have met their match on here. I don't know if there are as many big gathering any more but in past years I attended quite a few adult and single DIS gatherings, especially during Food/Wine. A lot of fun, and the DISers are some great people. Some of those folks found their match through chatting on this forum and meeting during those trips. I think with the popularity of other social media outlets like Facebook, things like that become more rare on the DIS.

For me, I'm just happy hanging out at the parks (and Disney Springs) with people who share a mutual love for Disney. I think most are of the same mindset ... and whatever may happen or follow from that may happen.

Sounds like a great idea, maybe something to do for next year, or get small groups setup for the remainder of this year's Food & Wine, informally?

I most definitely did. And I wasn't even looking. I was in a very low place as my (first) wife and I were finalizing our divorce. I had a few drinks one night and ended up putting a late night post up one night just lamenting that visiting Disney wouldn't likely ever be the same again. I was 47 at the time and not at all certain I'd ever be in a serious relationship again, let alone married. And I had a lot of fond memories of visiting with my family annually for over 10 years.

Well, this wonderful poster (iluveeyore) sent me an IM. I didn't see it for days as I never even bother to check the upper right hand corner of the DIS page. She happened to be going through a divorce as well. The funny thing was she never really even came to this board, she just happened to see it on the Front Page. She later confessed that she thought I was a woman until she opened the post. She was just looking for someone going through the same thing she was.

Well we started talking a little at first and soon we started talking every single day. She had a solo trip planned and I arranged to meet her as I only lived 45 minutes from the Mouse. Well we hit it off instantly and we were married roughly 8 months after she sent that IM. There's obviously more to the story, but that would take forever to type out and she tells the story better than I do. This November will be our 3rd anniversary and life couldn't be better. She is my true soulmate.

It was just such a random occurrence that she even happened to see my post much less respond to it. And as I said, it's not like I put a profile on the 'Singles seeking Singles' post.

Always seems to be inboxing you get to know the most interesting people on here. For me, I worry about friends first and go from there. If something develops fine, if not, still got a friend. I have found the singles thread to be a waste of time, but I believe that is mainly due to too much noise in it. I stick to answering other people's posts in the solo category and have met some interesting women in there that have turned into online friends(one of whom I will try to replan a planned meet with due to the fact my plans changed last minute and she is on her vacation now).

I haven't decided yet...but definitely not in the summer. I went this July and it was brutal! So next year we are going in February...yeah! After telling my daughter how got is was, and she knows, because she goes every summer because of school, but this time she opted to go February vacation week....so happy! I'll probably go in November again....perfect weather, it was the end of November, thanksgiving week. Didn't even mind the crowds. But Christmas time is a thought as well. Oh, but I have a cruise in October, so yeah, maybe December...it's so much fun to plan. Do any of your peers like Disney, like to do a ladies trip?

A note on cruises, depending on how long your cruise is, and if you are leaving from a Florida port, you may want to consider if you can simply add Disney time to that. Just a thought.

Always seems to be inboxing you get to know the most interesting people on here. For me, I worry about friends first and go from there. If something develops fine, if not, still got a friend. I have found the singles thread to be a waste of time, but I believe that is mainly due to too much noise in it. I stick to answering other people's posts in the solo category and have met some interesting women in there that have turned into online friends(one of whom I will try to replan a planned meet with due to the fact my plans changed last minute and she is on her vacation now).
Yeah, I can definitely see meeting some really cool people on the Solo site for meeting up on a vacation, but not to hang out the whole vacation...you never know how people like to do their days, and everyone is different. I love...love...the freedom to just do what I want, when I want without having to worry about what someone else wants to do. Just part of the solo fun. But I love to have company for meals.

A note on cruises, depending on how long your cruise is, and if you are leaving from a Florida port, you may want to consider if you can simply add Disney time to that. Just a thought.
Hmmm....good thought, but I think October is still too hot for me, but I like the way you think!

Yeah, I can definitely see meeting some really cool people on the Solo site for meeting up on a vacation, but not to hang out the whole vacation...you never know how people like to do their days, and everyone is different. I love...love...the freedom to just do what I want, when I want without having to worry about what someone else wants to do. Just part of the solo fun. But I love to have company for meals.

Same here, I like to have someone to hang out for a little bit, but if I met someone worth hanging onto, then it might get extended a little longer.

Hmmm....good thought, but I think October is still too hot for me, but I like the way you think!

I do cruises myself, and also used to work as a travel agent, so always have some idea of the options. I am actually going down from October 30th through November 3rd/4th since I had to rebook my vacation. Even managed to snag a Flights of Passage fastpass(40ish days out) and a BOG reservation at 4pm on a party day, so I am not complaining at all. Just deciding on parkhoppers right now.

Well I am a 51 year old widower. I don't expect to have a serious relationship again, but I am certainly open to the possibility. I do have a passion for Disney that I am indulging more than ever before since I have one schedule to consider rather than two, which does give me more flexibility. Friends are always a good thing. More depends on chemistry, but never say never.

Same here, I like to have someone to hang out for a little bit, but if I met someone worth hanging onto, then it might get extended a little longer.

I do cruises myself, and also used to work as a travel agent, so always have some idea of the options. I am actually going down from October 30th through November 3rd/4th since I had to rebook my vacation. Even managed to snag a Flights of Passage fastpass(40ish days out) and a BOG reservation at 4pm on a party day, so I am not complaining at all. Just deciding on parkhoppers right now.
Wow...can't believe you snagged FOP 40 days out...you are very lucky. I follow that site and folks are having trouble getting it for 60 days out, for their first or second days. They do end up getting it but more into their trip.

Well I am a 51 year old widower. I don't expect to have a serious relationship again, but I am certainly open to the possibility. I do have a passion for Disney that I am indulging more than ever before since I have one schedule to consider rather than two, which does give me more flexibility. Friends are always a good thing. More depends on chemistry, but never say never.
Never say never is right. My sister lost her husband, 2 years ago now...she was devastated. She thought she would be by herself the rest of her life and she was really lost without him. Then we had a meet and greet on a cruise, and guess what, a member of our group happened to be divorced and an interest was sparked. It didn't end up working out, but it helped her realize that she can fall in love again. Now she's more open to the idea. But...she's not a Disney fan. We went together once quite a few years back, she had fun, and now she's done, I guess you can't please everyone...LOL!

Wow...can't believe you snagged FOP 40 days out...you are very lucky. I follow that site and folks are having trouble getting it for 60 days out, for their first or second days. They do end up getting it but more into their trip.

Either Disney has realized the need to make more available, the fact it is a party day helped, or a lot of people are changing their plans due to a very active hurricane season. Two days before I got it, that was sold out, but something told me to look again.

I sometimes peruse the singles threads, but anyone I find interesting never lives anywhere near me. Actually nobody in that thread seems to. I'm not in a great area for that I guess.

Yeah, I have noticed that also.
Maybe if I lived in Florida or the North East, but not Southern Indiana.

Yeah, I have noticed that also.
Maybe if I lived in Florida or the North East, but not Southern Indiana.

Pretty much goes for the entire Atlantic seaboard. The majority of people interested in Disney seem to be in the North East, DC, and Florida. I am just fortunate that I live in Virginia, but am in such a small town that nobody in my area does anything but Myrtle Beach or Pigeon Forge(for Dollywood) and Gatlinburg, TN.

No way. I never know how to really strike up a conversation with someone online. It always feels too forced. Totally not against finding "my perfect match" on here, but hasn't happened yet!

No way. I never know how to really strike up a conversation with someone online. It always feels too forced. Totally not against finding "my perfect match" on here, but hasn't happened yet!

Just talk to them. Don't try to make it about more than a new friend. Matchmaker sites make it feel forced cause there is an expectation, but on these boards, nobody expects anything to happen. We are just all here to get advice and talk to people about Disney, so makes it easier to make new friends.

I did, and we are getting married Oct 7 at Paddlefish in Disney Springs!

He is from TX and I was in NC. We both got separated in early 2015 and both posted about it here on the community board. He messaged me and we started talking, becoming friends first, and after several months of online communication he came to NC to meet me and it's been a Disney fairy tale romance ever since lol! I moved to TX in June and we bought a new house :).

I most definitely did. And I wasn't even looking. I was in a very low place as my (first) wife and I were finalizing our divorce. I had a few drinks one night and ended up putting a late night post up one night just lamenting that visiting Disney wouldn't likely ever be the same again. I was 47 at the time and not at all certain I'd ever be in a serious relationship again, let alone married. And I had a lot of fond memories of visiting with my family annually for over 10 years.

Well, this wonderful poster (iluveeyore) sent me an IM. I didn't see it for days as I never even bother to check the upper right hand corner of the DIS page. She happened to be going through a divorce as well. The funny thing was she never really even came to this board, she just happened to see it on the Front Page. She later confessed that she thought I was a woman until she opened the post. She was just looking for someone going through the same thing she was.

Well we started talking a little at first and soon we started talking every single day. She had a solo trip planned and I arranged to meet her as I only lived 45 minutes from the Mouse. Well we hit it off instantly and we were married roughly 8 months after she sent that IM. There's obviously more to the story, but that would take forever to type out and she tells the story better than I do. This November will be our 3rd anniversary and life couldn't be better. She is my true soulmate.

It was just such a random occurrence that she even happened to see my post much less respond to it. And as I said, it's not like I put a profile on the 'Singles seeking Singles' post.

My fiance and I have a very similar story to yours! We met on here when we were both going through a divorce, talked for awhile online, eventually met in person, and now we're getting married in 13 days in Disney Springs! I think if two adult Disney fans find each other they should hold on tight! :) Congratulations to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!