Has anyone met their match on this site?

Funny I was just saying the other day to someone they need to come up with a dating site for people who love Disney cause I cant date someone if they don't have the same Love of Disney that I do some people just don't get it!
Maybe you should start one...LOL...it seems like a good idea!

I'm still fairly new to this message board and still kind of looking around. I'm noticing a lot of people talking about meeting others members and I was just curious if anyone ended up finding their perfect match from this site.

Same here. Disney is my passion and I hope and pray that I meet someone that has the same person I do.

Nice! Congrats! You are one of the lucky few.

I am very lucky, and I know it. I was widowed, he was divorced, and neither of our first spouses really loved Disney the way we did. Honestly, the problem with the Singles Seeking Singles thread is we are all spread out across the country, and not everyone is mobile-kids, jobs, families, funds etc. Someone's 'perfect match' might be on there, but if you're in Michigan, are you willing and able to seek out a relationship with someone in Massachusetts or Arizona? Most people can't.

We put A LOT of miles on cars for a year and a half before he was able to make the jump and move to my hometown, versus me moving there. A lot of communication, a lot of honestly, a lot of texting, phone calls every single night. Finding someone who enjoyed Disney (and other things) the way I did meant a lot, but i know how lucky we are to have been able to have him relocate, largely since there were no kids involved. And honestly, if we have been 1000 miles apart instead of 300, I don't know that it would have worked out. We were able to meet up every two or three weeks either near me, near him, or in the middle.

I am very lucky, and I know it. I was widowed, he was divorced, and neither of our first spouses really loved Disney the way we did. Honestly, the problem with the Singles Seeking Singles thread is we are all spread out across the country, and not everyone is mobile-kids, jobs, families, funds etc. Someone's 'perfect match' might be on there, but if you're in Michigan, are you willing and able to seek out a relationship with someone in Massachusetts or Arizona? Most people can't.

We put A LOT of miles on cars for a year and a half before he was able to make the jump and move to my hometown, versus me moving there. A lot of communication, a lot of honestly, a lot of texting, phone calls every single night. Finding someone who enjoyed Disney (and other things) the way I did meant a lot, but i know how lucky we are to have been able to have him relocate, largely since there were no kids involved. And honestly, if we have been 1000 miles apart instead of 300, I don't know that it would have worked out. We were able to meet up every two or three weeks either near me, near him, or in the middle.
Thanks for sharing your story...so happy you found your Disney match. At 63, it's much harder to date. But...I'm traveling and loving life, with or without a partner. I have lots of friends and family and am looking forward to my first solo Disney trip....haven't planned it yet, maybe 2019, or when star wars opens!

But...I'm traveling and loving life, with or without a partner. I have lots of friends and family and am looking forward to my first solo Disney trip....haven't planned it yet, maybe 2019, or when star wars opens!

I loved my solo trips so much. I love couples trips and friend trips too, but my solo trips were so nice! Have fun!!!

Yeah, and not that close to that either! Some people once asked me if I went to the beach all the time. They were from Texas though (talk about a big state!). They just had no idea where Memphis actually was.

I've been to Memphis a few times and, yeah, its not near the coast. LOL I have one better, when I moved up here to West Georgia (small town) and I told people I was from Ft. Lauderdale, I actually had a few ask me if that was near the beach. o_O

I loved my solo trips so much. I love couples trips and friend trips too, but my solo trips were so nice! Have fun!!!
I hear you there. A good mix of trips gets you to the parks more frequently, rather than waiting for someone else to commit to going. With budget crunches and Disney's rates always rising, some people can't fit it into their budget as frequently. This trip in February will be the first trip the entire family is going. The kids are grown and the grandkids are teenagers, except for one little guy of 9. This will probably be the last trip we all take as a family...very excited!

I should've checked here before entering the real-world dating pool. I'm taking my man (23) to Disney for his first time next Spring and I'm very anxious that he, a Disney newb, will not understand the indescribable, truly magical, unreplicable escape that Disney is to me. I mean... could I raise children in that kind of family?

DH and I met on this board, back in the SSC days. It was a great thread with great people, some of them we still keep in contact with. :) I actually haven't been on this board in a really long time, but we just returned home after a trip across the pond, and the jet lag is kicking my butt, so I found my way here, and I was surprised to see some familiar names. ( IT is almost 3am.)
:(
Yes, over the years there have been some couples that have met their match on here. I don't know if there are as many big gathering any more but in past years I attended quite a few adult and single DIS gatherings, especially during Food/Wine. A lot of fun, and the DISers are some great people. Some of those folks found their match through chatting on this forum and meeting during those trips. I think with the popularity of other social media outlets like Facebook, things like that become more rare on the DIS.

For me, I'm just happy hanging out at the parks (and Disney Springs) with people who share a mutual love for Disney. I think most are of the same mindset ... and whatever may happen or follow from that may happen.

Hey Brock.......How are you? Did you ever join FB???? If you did I would love to find you! We talk about you, and your parents often.
BTW, The five year pictures of our party just came up in my FB memories.

There used to be a fairly active chat thread, the Singles Social Club, and I know of at least 2 couples who met in thread, decided to meet in real life, and who got married. Others had shorter or longer term relationships. So, it is certainly possible. When the SSC had regular meets it was probably easier because then folks could meet in a low pressure, public situation.

Hey, I remember you! I hope all is well. :)

Hey Brock.......How are you? Did you ever join FB???? If you did I would love to find you! We talk about you, and your parents often.
BTW, The five year pictures of our party just came up in my FB memories.

I'm still proudly keeping a low social media profile ... ie still no FB account. I keep saying I'll set an account up, maybe I'll do it this time over the holidays when I've got some time off? I sort of pride myself on keeping my small manageable internet footprint.

Time flies as I can't believe it's been 5 years already! Although I've hit Food&Wine many times I think that F&W trip of 2012 may be the most memorable. My parents' 50th anniversary is coming up next year and they already booked WDW for late October ... hopefully myself and other family members will head down to celebrate with them.

Hope everything is going great with you and the rest of the family! I mainly keep to the news/rumor boards as of late but I still poke around the DIS and post wherever / whenever. If I finally plunge into the FB pool, you'll be one of the 1st to know

I should've checked here before entering the real-world dating pool. I'm taking my man (23) to Disney for his first time next Spring and I'm very anxious that he, a Disney newb, will not understand the indescribable, truly magical, unreplicable escape that Disney is to me. I mean... could I raise children in that kind of family?
OMG....fingers crossed! Not everyone gets the magic.

I'm still proudly keeping a low social media profile ... ie still no FB account. I keep saying I'll set an account up, maybe I'll do it this time over the holidays when I've got some time off? I sort of pride myself on keeping my small manageable internet footprint.

Time flies as I can't believe it's been 5 years already! Although I've hit Food&Wine many times I think that F&W trip of 2012 may be the most memorable. My parents' 50th anniversary is coming up next year and they already booked WDW for late October ... hopefully myself and other family members will head down to celebrate with them.

Hope everything is going great with you and the rest of the family! I mainly keep to the news/rumor boards as of late but I still poke around the DIS and post wherever / whenever. If I finally plunge into the FB pool, you'll be one of the 1st to know
I hear you on the small internet footprint....there can be lots of drama created in there. I have a few friends and family and I look at the first few pics about once a week but rarely post there. For some people, it takes over their lives. So welcome back Brock, whoever you are...I see you have friends here.

I hear you on the small internet footprint....there can be lots of drama created in there. I have a few friends and family and I look at the first few pics about once a week but rarely post there. For some people, it takes over their lives. So welcome back Brock, whoever you are...I see you have friends here.

Probably like many other people I have some cyber-stalker types out there (exes, friends of friends etc ...) that are constantly checking for me on Facebook, Twitter ... I want nothing to do with those people in my life and for me it's so much easier to have the excuse of not having a Facebook account. With Facebook you can only limit friend requests to 'friends of friends'. This would still put in me in a position where certain individuals would known I'm on Facebook and begin tracking me and in general creating drama for friends and family that I don't need.

While social media has a ton of great benefits, unfortunately it's easy to become detached from reality and as you mentioned it can take over lives. People need to remember that almost anything posted on social media (including the DIS) is probably out there for eternity and that you shouldn't say anything that you wouldn't be willing to say in person.

End of my rant and sidetracking the thread ... but I've seen some pretty cruel things done over facebook being used as a virtual gossip mill and employers will check more than Linkedin to keep tabs. If/when I get my facebook account running I need to make sure it's locked down as much as possible

Probably like many other people I have some cyber-stalker types out there (exes, friends of friends etc ...) that are constantly checking for me on Facebook, Twitter ... I want nothing to do with those people in my life and for me it's so much easier to have the excuse of not having a Facebook account. With Facebook you can only limit friend requests to 'friends of friends'. This would still put in me in a position where certain individuals would known I'm on Facebook and begin tracking me and in general creating drama for friends and family that I don't need.

While social media has a ton of great benefits, unfortunately it's easy to become detached from reality and as you mentioned it can take over lives. People need to remember that almost anything posted on social media (including the DIS) is probably out there for eternity and that you shouldn't say anything that you wouldn't be willing to say in person.

End of my rant and sidetracking the thread ... but I've seen some pretty cruel things done over facebook being used as a virtual gossip mill and employers will check more than Linkedin to keep tabs. If/when I get my facebook account running I need to make sure it's locked down as much as possible
LOL....I know for a fact employers check facebook because my sister, who was a supervisor, did check facebook to see what things they were posting. And...emails were sent out warning folks not to post any work related issues on facebook. So glad I'm not a part of the mishmash! Anyway, welcome to "did you ever meet your mate"....we seem to be picking up some momentum in here.

Thanks for the update. If you ever find yourself anywhere near Germany send me a PM. :)

Thanks for the update. If you ever find yourself anywhere near Germany send me a PM. :)
LOL....I do plan on traveling overseas at some point in the future. I'd like to do one of those Viking River Cruises in Europe. I should post something in here to see if anyone has done it.

Check out MouseMingle.com
Well I'm sure there are some lovely ladies out there around your age....alas I'm 63, way past your giving a second look...LOL. Thanks for posting the site though. Is it a good one?

Thanks Heather for the site, I'm going to check it out, just to explore a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter