Has anyone received their refund yet?

I emailed my Dreams Unlimited Travel agent on 4/6 requesting a refund for my canceled DCL Alaskan cruise. She emailed me back on 4/8 saying the cancelation has been processed. I received my fist refund credit back to my credit card on 4/10 and the last on 4/19. My refund was divided into 18 credits, but it all added up! So 13 days start to finish with only one email to my Dreams agent-she was great from when I booked in March 2019 to today. I would not do a cruise without a Dreams agent-thank you Tracey H:) Good luck to all going through this and I hope to sometime cruise again:boat:

I called DCL on 4/22 and canceled our 6/20 cruise. I noticed today that DCL refunded my placeholder to my credit card on 4/26. I originally paid for the placeholder with Disney GC's. Wondering what they are going to do with the remaining balance, since I paid a majority of the cruise with Disney GC. The CM I spoke to when I cancelled said payment will go back to the original form of payment. Told her I don't have those cards anymore. She said someone in accounting will be in touch. So far, I haven't heard anything yet.

We have received some refunds:

Our New Years DCL cruise, just had the deposit paid, cancelled it, received the refund within a week or so.

Our DCL June Alaska cruise - still haven't received any of the refunds.

Our HAL March spring break cruise - cancelled 3/8 (they allowed cancellations 3/6) and still nothing. I've complained about it before on this board. They first said 5-10 days, then I called at the end of first round of 10 days and they said another 5-10 days, then I called AGAIN (now 20 days) and they said 60. So I have 10 days left till I make my fourth and final call. If they give me BS about it taking even longer I'm going to tell them I'll start with a CC charge back or we might seek out other forms of action. It's beyond frustrating that they didn't deliver the service yet are holding onto our $. I have an email with the "promised" refund and "future cruise credit". It's too bad, I really like some of their itineraries but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth to ever cruise with them.

Another datapoint from another line. I canceled my MSC cruise 3/17 and still nothing refunded. The rumor is that it will be up to 60 days after your cruise was departed. It certainly isnt the 30 days form cancellation date I was initially told. I'm thinking that I had better look into how long I have to dispute charges on that card. Its the Costco Visa if anyone knows off the top of their heads.

Everything else had been refunded in full...airline (Delta), hotels, tours. Just MSC that is holding money hostage for us.

I cancelled an Alaskan cruise on HAL (June departure) on 3/19. I got the same time table. I'm not convinced I'll see anything from HAL. I took it up with my CC company. With the exception of some charges made in late 2019, everything has been credited. Yes, I will still have to wait until June for the disputed charges to be "resolved", but it seems like a much better option. If in fact HAL refunds the charges, the credit on my CC just get negated.

Here is my final update... We had DCL (May 9) booked via Costco Travel (one concierge cabin). Cruise was cancelled by Disney on 4/10. I called Costco Travel that same day requesting a refund. They told me it could take up to 90 days (spoiler: it didn't).

We paid (on Disney visa, all charges processed as Disney cruise line) three separate charges (deposit, cruise balance, and a pre-paid port adventure (private catamaran).

We now have the full amount refunded, over a total of 13 transactions, the full refund...

9 transactions posted on 4/19 (9 days after refund request)
4 transactions posted on 4/27 (17 days after refund request)

Overall, it was timely. But keeping track of it... did not make any sense. Why 13 separate refunds? And why a gap of 8 days between sets of refund amounts? But for whatever reason they process 13 different refunds, the refunds did come relatively quickly. I imagine if they processed the refunds all at once, however, they would receive a lot fewer calls and concern about it...

Canceled Jan cruise booked with dcl 10 days ago. Deposit Refund already on cc. I was surprised.

Coming back to update on my refund that was requested from Costco 3/19 (DCL cancelled my 4/5 cruise on 3/16). Called Costco 4/15 when I hadn’t received anything back except port fees/taxes. Found out Costco had never asked DCL for the refund so they requested it while I was on the phone with them. I was told it could take 30-60 days but within 14 days I had all my money back. Spread out on 3 different cc payments and 8 Disney gift cards (exactly the way it was paid) but it’s all there. I think that is a reasonable amount of time to process and if Costco hadn’t messed up I probably would have had my $ a month earlier.

Also cancelled a Feb 2021 cruise that we had only paid a placeholder/deposit on. Cancelled that 4/1 and had my money back in about a week. If you only put down a deposit it seems like they can process it more quickly.

I can get past the number of refunds. But my initial refunds came on April 3 and 4th. Nothing since then but I’m still owed money. It makes me feel like they are not planning to pay the rest? My DH really wants me to call Costco but reading on here that sounds pointless to me. If they “can’t help” and DCL “cant help” am I just supposed to eat the loss? What?

If that $250 you are still owed is from a placeholder, could you have used a different method of payment than you think you did? Just asking because we had received the balance of a deposit back on 4/8 for a cruise cancelled 4/1. I couldn’t understand why a month later we still didn’t have the initial $250 placeholder back. Then yesterday we received a statement for a cc we never use (Disney visa) and it shows a $250 credit posted almost a month ago! I had no recollection of using that card for the placeholder. Just throwing that out there in case it helps.

If that $250 you are still owed is from a placeholder, could you have used a different method of payment than you think you did? Just asking because we had received the balance of a deposit back on 4/8 for a cruise cancelled 4/1. I couldn’t understand why a month later we still didn’t have the initial $250 placeholder back. Then yesterday we received a statement for a cc we never use (Disney visa) and it shows a $250 credit posted almost a month ago! I had no recollection of using that card for the placeholder. Just throwing that out there in case it helps.

No I did not have a placeholder. Over 3 years since our previous cruise.

But thanks!

Thanks to all, particularly LeiaOfAlderaan. I had cancelled through Costco on 3/18 for the 4/4 Cruise and to date, only received my port taxes and fees. I was told 30 days originally for Disney and when I called about ten days ago was told I was misinformed and it would be 60-90 days. If I had not seen Leia's message above, I would have continued to wait. Got through immediately to Costco and they confirmed my refund request from 3/18, but called Disney to check on status. Disney apparently was waiting to find out whether I wanted refund or cruise credit...did not have my refund request from March! So the Costco agent resubmitted the form and I should see a refund within 30 days of now since they are going in order of cruise sailing dates. If I had continued to wait this would have all taken longer. My advice would be call if it has been 30 days and insist they check to see that your cruise line received your request b/c with all the forms being sent yours may be in limbo somewhere.

An update. Our Med-Greek Islands cruise on the Magic scheduled to depart on July 1st was cancelled by DCL on April 27th. We requested a refund that afternoon. The port fees, etc. and prepaid gratuities were posted back to our credit card on Friday, May 1st and I could see them in my online account yesterday (May 4th). The balance of the cruise fares (in excess of $15K) were posted back to the CC on May 2nd and I see them in my online account today. A total of 8 days from request to completion. The cast member had indicated a much longer refund period when I made the request, but this pattern was similar to what we experienced when the Vancouver to Honolulu cruise on the Wonder was cancelled earlier.

Hate to admit my tolerance with DCL is really waning at the moment.

I posted several pages back about our situation... first time cruise was scheduled in early April. In late March I received a random small refund on my credit card (could not trace the amount to anything specific) but at that point I had not called to request a refund. I called a few days later to request a full refund, the CM was very shaky on the phone but ultimately said it was processed and could take up to 30 days. Ok, no worries. All good.

Fast forward to late April - no further refunds have posted to my credit card. I call, the CM tries to feed me a line about "refunds are taking longer to process these days" before even taking my reservation number and troubleshooting my situation. I ask that he pull up my records to make sure my refund was in fact submitted/processed.

A few mins later... he tells me my refund had been processed and cites the late March amount that showed up on my credit card. I said yes, I see that, but that was a tiny portion of my total paid in full amount. He seems to think I'm wrong, but goes to troubleshoot with a supervisor. 10 mins of "still working on it."

He finally comes back to say it is still in process with accounting and refunds are taking 30-60 days. Ok, best I can ask for at this point, I thank him for checking.

Obviously my situation seems to be a fluke as others are reporting getting their refunds, even if in random small increments.

I'll give it another two weeks and call again.

Not really sure why this is such an issue?

Thanks for the vent.

Hate to admit my tolerance with DCL is really waning at the moment.

I posted several pages back about our situation... first time cruise was scheduled in early April. In late March I received a random small refund on my credit card (could not trace the amount to anything specific) but at that point I had not called to request a refund. I called a few days later to request a full refund, the CM was very shaky on the phone but ultimately said it was processed and could take up to 30 days. Ok, no worries. All good.

Fast forward to late April - no further refunds have posted to my credit card. I call, the CM tries to feed me a line about "refunds are taking longer to process these days" before even taking my reservation number and troubleshooting my situation. I ask that he pull up my records to make sure my refund was in fact submitted/processed.

A few mins later... he tells me my refund had been processed and cites the late March amount that showed up on my credit card. I said yes, I see that, but that was a tiny portion of my total paid in full amount. He seems to think I'm wrong, but goes to troubleshoot with a supervisor. 10 mins of "still working on it."

He finally comes back to say it is still in process with accounting and refunds are taking 30-60 days. Ok, best I can ask for at this point, I thank him for checking.

Obviously my situation seems to be a fluke as others are reporting getting their refunds, even if in random small increments.

I'll give it another two weeks and call again.

Not really sure why this is such an issue?

Thanks for the vent.

I had a similar call where the FCC we were given was much smaller than it should have been because they left off two people. First came the denial (no--the FCC has been fully credited and everything is correct--you must be doing the math wrong). Lots of hold time, supervisors etc. They kept asking me if I was "sure" that two of my kids were on our original reservation (I had to laugh--they are 8 and 4... like we would take their brother and leave the other two kids at home to eat pop tarts for a week). I couldn't figure out why they couldn't just see who was on the original reservation and what I paid originally. I think it is just kind of a hot mess at the moment because the phone CMs have no visibility into the accounting side, so the right hand is not talking to the left hand.

I canceled our June 13th cruise on April 27th, after the last batch of cancelations. It was directly booked with Disney. I only had to wait about 15 minutes on hold. They did try and talk me into the 125% future credit, but I opted for the refund -- although we did book the same cruise for 2021 at a much lower price and an option to refund the deposit in six months. My refund posted to my credit card on May 2nd in four different credits. A lot faster than the 30 days they said it would take to post.

I requested a refund on my canceled April 18th cruise (through my TA Dreams Unlimited) and it was back on my credit card in 10 calendar days. I requested my cc to send me a check and received that in 3 days, then back into savings it went. Easy peasy. Btw, I did get my tax/fee refund right away before i even requested my full refund.

We requested a refund last Monday, April 27, and received the remainder of our refund today, May 6th. Very happy with the quick turnaround.

Overall, it was timely. But keeping track of it... did not make any sense. Why 13 separate refunds

Something just clicked for me... you had a TA (Costco). You made payments to Costco, and Costco made payments to DCL. Maybe Costco took your lump sum payment and spread it out into lots of little payments so they could hold onto the cash longer and earn interest before it was due to be paid to Disney. Hence, Disney refunded the payments the same way they received them from Costco.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter