Has anyone recently booked the 2018DVC Member Cruise? 100 days away!Sold out!

Nice. Tell me about them (if you have time)

Nice. Tell me about them (if you have time)

Member Cruise Film Festival!

Walt with Dwarf figures from Snow White!

The pink is The cotton candy character, Bing Bong from Inside Out. Bing Bong’s voice, Richard Kind was onboard.

Olaf!

Miguel from Coco. We saw part of the movie before it was completely finished. Loved the fact that the young boy was actually a guest on the cruise. He is Anthony Gonzolez. The producer, Darla K. Anderson was on board as well. They even had an additional deck party with fireworks to celebrate the film.

Of course, Mickey, Donald and Pluto.

Finally, as Bambi celebrated its 75 anniversary the story of Tyrus Wong was presented. His work shaped Bambi and other films.

Just when I think I have picked a favorite of the group, I think of a reason to chose another as my favorite.

Bobbi:)

Reactions: RRB

My wife and I would love to do a Member Cruise at some point!
Is it timing that keeps you away?
We are retired now, so it is easier.

It is only speculation, but next year’s DVC Member Cruise COULD be in May. There seems to be an empty spot for the Wonder, from San Diego to Vancouver. Who knows??

Last edited:

It is only speculation, but next year’s DVC Member Cruise COULD be in May. There seems to be an empty spot for the Wonder, from San Diego to Vancouver. Who knows??
Two kids that are involved in a lot of activities! Eventually we hope to enjoy this cruise!

If you look at the prints they gave us last year, each one represents something special that happened on the Member Cruise.

Aside from the presentations, the Broadway Stars entertainment on the last night has been nothing less then spectacular. I have not been to any D23 meetings, but many of the special things that have been reported there, have been duplicated in part on the Member cruises. One year, Joe Rohde was on board giving talks. He is so interesting, I was thrilled! (We were in the same muster station!)

If you have any questions, just ask!

I have wanted to do this cruise for awhile, I live in San Francisco but have always wanted to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge. When the 2019 itineraries came out, I tried to book this date but DCL told me this cruise was "chartered". Crossing my fingers it was chartered by DVC.

I have wanted to do this cruise for awhile, I live in San Francisco but have always wanted to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge. When the 2019 itineraries came out, I tried to book this date but DCL told me this cruise was "chartered". Crossing my fingers it was chartered by DVC.
Living in the shadow of the Statue of Liberty, sailing past that was my wish, UNFORTUNATELY, for the DVC Member Cruise that was out of NYC, I was eating in a dining room on the other side of the statue, and only saw the pedestal. :) Did see the Veranzano Narrows bridge from our side as we passed under.

We've always wanted to do a Member Cruise. If the May 2019 dates are announced we might actually be able to do it. I've been trying to find out information about how the booking works. If you don't mind my list of questions:

• How much time is there between them announcing the dates and the booking begins?
  • Do they announce/list pricing before the booking begins or do you just have to call in and make a split decision?
  • Any tips for 1st timers booking that we should know about?
  • I assume that everyone has to book directly with Member Services and not through our normal travel agent.
Thanks to anyone who can help a member out.

Jane

Believe it or not, there is no actual precedent to go by as far as how far in advance they announce the cruise. I actually think I remember folks saying they did not get an announcement until after the booking date. I have always kept abreast here, or on the Member Site, and also, sometimes they have announced the next cruise during the current years cruise.

Yes, you can see pricing before. Expect “sticker shock” because you are paying for some of the same sort of experience they have at D23.

I think that the less expensive, inside rooms tend to go first. Have a choice of categories or room numbers. The person you talk to on the phone is NOT the person who actually is booking. The person you talk to is the middle, so booking takes a long tine.

Calling in is absolutely crazy. Sometimes I have been on the phone redialing for 2-3 hours, no kidding. Just my opinion, but if what we think it will be, I think it will sell out. Alaska did not, the NYC sailing did.

Believe it or not, there is no actual precedent to go by as far as how far in advance they announce the cruise. I actually think I remember folks saying they did not get an announcement until after the booking date. I have always kept abreast here, or on the Member Site, and also, sometimes they have announced the next cruise during the current years cruise.

Yes, you can see pricing before. Expect “sticker shock” because you are paying for some of the same sort of experience they have at D23.

I think that the less expensive, inside rooms tend to go first. Have a choice of categories or room numbers. The person you talk to on the phone is NOT the person who actually is booking. The person you talk to is the middle, so booking takes a long tine.

Calling in is absolutely crazy. Sometimes I have been on the phone redialing for 2-3 hours, no kidding. Just my opinion, but if what we think it will be, I think it will sell out. Alaska did not, the NYC sailing did.

Thanks! I'll keep my eye out for an announcement and figure out how many ways we can dial in once they actually start the booking. I'm not looking forward to an early morning (west coast time) but I'll do what I have to. This would be the perfect fit for us, both for timing and location.

Are DVC cruises cheaper than normal Disney cruises? I seem to remember it would cost like $13k for a week in the Bahamas for a family of 5 pol. This is crazy expensive in my opinion... Haven't looked up how many points it takes to cruise since my points haven't landed in my account yet from buying resale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter