Has anyone renewed their wedding vows in vegas?

okielovesdisney

Earning My Ears
My DH and I going for our 20 th anniversary and I want to renew our vows- do we have to do the courthouse thing or just book a chapel? It will just be the 2 of us. We really want to do the tacky Elvis wedding! Lol

My DH and I going for our 20 th anniversary and I want to renew our vows- do we have to do the courthouse thing or just book a chapel? It will just be the 2 of us. We really want to do the tacky Elvis wedding! Lol

I was married in Vegas, twice... To the same man ;-)

No need to do the court house. There are a lot of fun spots, and don't forget to take a picture under the Welcome to Las Vegas sign....

Congrats on 20 years!

If you are just renewing then you don't need anything. My husband and I used Viva Las Vegas, and had a tacky Elvis wedding in the Doo Wop Diner. Their prices were really good and we loved it.

Why would you need a courthouse? If it's not a legal marriage ceremony, the government isn't going to get involved in any way. Just find a chapel and they'll do it like a wedding but without the legal stuff to contend with.

Additionally, government weddings in Nevada aren't typically at courthouses. They're done at county clerk offices, just like in California. And apparently the only legal requirement for someone to perform a wedding ceremony in Nevada is to be licensed to do so by a county clerk's office. So it's not like California where there's no particular license needed other than for civil marriage commissioners. In Nevada, even clergy need to be licensed to perform weddings.

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/depts/clerk/services/pages/civilmarriages.aspx
http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/depts/clerk/services/pages/marriagelicenses.aspx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter