Has anyone rented snorkel gear for the duration of your visit?

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
We tried hawaiinbeachtimerentals last time and it did not work out well...

Anyone have experience or do you know of a snorkel shop in the area?

Snorkel Bob's. You can return it at any Snorkel Bob's on any island.

Our family just purchased very nice snorkel gear at costco while shopping for groceries.. I believe they were $25 or so per adult set and maybe $14 for child sized Very nice quality to! Then we didn't have the hassle of packing them..There's also target and other store that sell them for surely cheaper than renting.. that way you don't have to borrow used ones. We booked the catamaran dolphin excursion through aulani and didn't bring our own snorkel we had bought. Big mistake they were gross and didn't seal water out the mask nor have a dry valve that would keep water out.

I don't really want to pack pack 4 sets of snorkel gear. I may buy at Costco and pass them along before we leave.

It looks like there is only one snorkel bobs is about 40 minutes away from Aulani.

I don't really want to pack pack 4 sets of snorkel gear. I may buy at Costco and pass them along before we leave.

It looks like there is only one snorkel bobs is about 40 minutes away from Aulani.
I did, and it was the best thing I did. Having our own new, good quality, and clean gear was very much a plus for us. But if you really don't care about high quality, then yes, buying there is an easier solution than renting IMO. Vacation time is worth 10 times regular time!! LOL

We bought these for our family on Amazon and love them:

Full Face Snorkel Mask, 2017 New Foldable Snorkeling Mask Full Face with Detachable GoPro Mount Pivot Arm and Earplug, 180° Large View Easy Breath Dr https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0727Q4LB6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_wEEFAcpAQJizo

Zero water inhaled! IMHO, they were worth the extra effort to transport...

They had very similar ones to these at Costco in Kapolei and Hawaii Kai three weeks ago. Unfortunately I don't remember the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter