Has anyone stayed at the Carousel Inn & Suites

grandmotherof10

Sometimes life is not always a dance but when I lo
Have read mixed reviews on the Carousel Inn & Suites. We have a group of 7 going in August with a real small infant want something were we are real close to the park so some of us can go back if infant needs a break. Also it would be nice to share a room to save money.

I stayed at the Carousel Inn about 2 years ago. It's ok for the money. We arrived a little early and would not even give us a room until 3:00. On the dot. We actually sat in their waiting area for 1 1/2 hours. The room was ok. Really didn't have any problems with the room. It wasn't really big but I just had a normal room with only 2 of us. I never did find the pool.. Hope some of this helps. :earsgirl:

We are going in August too. The last few days of August, first week of Sept. We are also staying at the Carousel Inn. My mother in law stays here all the time and she loves it. We usually stay at the Tropicana, but this year they were way more expensive. Mother in law says that the pool is on top of the hotel.

I don't think that it should be all that bad.

Have a good trip!

I have never had a bad experience at the Carousel. It is my top choice when planning a trip. The only time I stay elsewhere is if they are full.

We've arrived early but have never needed to get to our room. The staff gladly stored our luggage for us (or we left it in the car) and just went to the parks.

Yes, the pool is on the roof. You have to take the elevator to the 5th floor, then walk up the last flight of stairs. Like most of the places right there on Harbor it is a very small pool, but we're there for the parks, not the pools.

In my opinion the Carousel has the best continental breakfast of the ones along that strip. You get muffins, danish, toast, jelly, oatmeal, fruit (usually apples and either bananas or oranges), juice and coffee. Some of the other places only have danish and coffee or juice, if they even have anything at all.

I've stayed in a 2 bath suite, which is basically a regular hotel room with 2 double beds and a bathroom, then an additional queen bed and full bath closed off by a locking door. I haven't stayed in their view suite, but I've heard they are really nice and people have gotten great rates for them lately ($159/night). These rooms are at the end of the hotel, facing the parks and you overlook the main entrance to DL and DCA.

copied from what I wrote on another thread:

My sister stayed at the Carousel a couple of years ago with my nieces and BIL. It was a clean, nice sized, comfortable room. The rooftop pool was small and the continental breakfast was lacking (aren't they all??) but, they were happy there and the staff was excellent. You're not getting the Ritz Carlton but, you're getting a nice, clean, comfy place. Don't worry at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter