Has anyone taken 2 and 3 yr olds to water park?

dutton

Mouseketeer
My two older kids, 9 and 7 are dying to go to Typhoon Lagoon, as am I !! We have a 2 yr old DD and 3 yr old DS. Will it be too much for them? What necessities should we bring? Thanks!

Hi! I took my DS 8 with my DD 2 last June. She enjoyed the lazy river, and sitting with her legs in the wave pool, but even in waist high water the wave pool was way too rough. In fact it was pretty rough for my 8 year old. It was a lot of fun while we were there, but it rained us out after a couple of hours. Didn't get to do everything. I would probably try river county if I had to do it over again.

Hi! I took my DS 8 with my DD 2 last June. She enjoyed the lazy river, and sitting with her legs in the wave pool, but even in waist high water the wave pool was way too rough. In fact it was pretty rough for my 8 year old. It was a lot of fun while we were there, but it rained us out after a couple of hours. Didn't get to do everything. I would probably try river country if I had to do it over again.

When our DS was 2.5 we took him to Blizzard Beach. He loved it. The kiddie area is great there. They also have a pre-teen area there. I actually liked BB a little bit more than Typhoon Lagoon for the younger ones. Both parks are great. Make sure you bring extra towels and plenty of sun screen. You can take coolers into the park so we also freeze juice boxes and pack some snacks.

we took our then 28 month old daughter to Blizzard Beach last spring. She loved it! BB has its own "Tikes Peak" area that is perfect for little kids to do what they want. It only has 1 entrance/exit so you can keep fairly good eye contact with them and allow them to run about at will.

My DD loved the little water slides! She had a blast getting her own blue matt, walking up the few stairs (which were actually very gradual, curved, and large and very easy to climb), and sliding down all by herself! Plenty of staff who are very good with kids all over Tikes Peak.

Will definitely go back with youngins' again!

:D

We went to Blizzard Beach last June with 3 kids, 8, 4, and 22 months, and had a great time. I originally picked Blizzard Beach because I thought the Jr. Ski Patrol area sounded like it would be nice for my just turned 8 year old who isn't overly adventurous, but he started and just kept going on all but the very steepest water slide. (Go figure!) The two younger ones had a great time on Tikes Peak.....they kind of liked the Lazy River but the 4 year old was freaking out with concern about having to go under the sporadic waterfalls and not trusting that we'd steer her around those, so I can't say it was as enjoyable as it could have been!

I'd take advantage of the fact that they let you bring coolers in and bring plenty of juice boxes, some sandwiches, snacks, etc. It's a nice change of pace from the Disney Counter service and a real money saver. I'd also highly recommend water shoes for the entire family (the side walks can be very hot) and your own towels if you really want to be able to dry off. I think rental towels are available, but it's another thing to stand in line for and they're small.

Have fun!

I would say that your 2 & 3 year olds would be just as happy at the pool, however, because you have older children I would say try the water parks. There is something for every age.

A previous post said you can take coolers into the water parks. Since 9-11 you can't any more, however, you can take bags filled with ice, etc. Therefore, we froze water bottles overnight & filled Disney plastic bags with ice (triple bagged) from the resort. We also made sandwiches & put them in the bags.

Go figure, you can take bags filled with ice but not any sort of cooler. I didn't understand it, but went with it!!

I saw another post that indicated that recently they started allowing coolers into the waterparks again. I think there was some limit on the size, but they indicated they could be taken in. Anyone have any very recent experience with this?

No personal experience, but I called the DVC line two days ago to get the scoop. The guy first told me coolers were ok. I told him I had just heard from a friend (got it off this board!) that they were no longer allowed. He called the water park, and sure enough, they said no coolers. They told him they had just not updated the computer system with the new policy yet.

We always spend at least one day at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. Since we go to WDW pretty much every spring break I've had kids at the water parks from the time they were infants to 14 years old. It's always one of our best days, there is something to do at both water parks for all the ages. I personally like the kiddie area at TL better for younger kids, there's more sand to play in (bring or buy sand toys). And in gerneral TL has more plants and BB has a lot of white concrete (melting snow) so I like the feel of TL better. If your kids are strong swimmer they'd love the wave pool, BB doesn't have a wave pool but it does have a bobbing pool that is also fun, but my older boys think it's too tame they like the waves. But regardless of which park you try, I wouldn't deny the older kids the enjoyment of the water parks, and I bet you find the younger ones have even more fun.

By the way, I believe River Country is currently closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter