Has anyone used a Blade Runner

pas2

Mouseketeer
I have not been pleased with the results of cutting shapes/borders from a template using scissors and was thinking of buying a Blade Runner. Has anyone tried this gizmo yet? What were the results? I had used a pencil type of swivel knife before but found I kept cutting my templates, is this item the same thing?

Hi. Find a CMC near you and check out the Custom Cutting System. I had a Fiskars circle cutter and had a horrible time with it. I just love the CCS from Creative Memories. You get a great number of circles and ovals. Good luck finding something. I know I am glad that I no longer use scissors for cutting those shapes.

mbs

I really like the coluzzle, it does lots of shapes, I only have the circle/oval and a heart template (which I have never used) but you can get all sorts, squares, rectangles (on my wish list), stars, alphabet etc etc.

In fact, I got a new template in the mail today, and I can't wait to get home and start playing with it!

I am hopeless with the scissors and I find this to be very very easy.

Bev

I saw a demo at the all day crop I attended this past weekend. I also got to try it myself.

I was told unless someone shows you how to use it, it is hard to pick it up from the directions. It will take a bit of practice but I have it on my shopping list. You also need a glass cutting board for it to work.

I also have the CM cutting system but this will work with any template, so you have a real selection. I plan to use it with the lettering templates.

Chessie

I have the original version of this product called the Doodle Cutter. I always loved mine and never could figure out why so many people had problems with it. I used it a lot to cut out template letters -- I don't usually cut pictures into shapes, so I don't have much experience using it for that.

I have a blade runner--and yes--the most important thing is the glass cutting board! It does take some practice, and you need to hold it straight up and down. I find I have trouble with sharp angular cuts--like arm pits and points on "w". But I am progressing! I just need to find the time to sit down and play!

It cuts well when used with glass - considerably less well when used with other kinds of cutting mats. I have a terrible time using it with templates though, other than circle or oval ones. I really bought it to use with alphabet templates and have found it difficult. I've had more than $16 - worth of aggravation from the thing (what it cost me to buy it).

Thanks for the feedback. Think I will save my $ and stick with the scissors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter