Has anyone used a travel agent

HMANSION LOVER

PIN TRADER
I know we are not to promote a given business on this board and don't want to get anyone in trouble but has anyone used Nippon Travel Agency. I personally feel that with the problems using the websites, and the associated payment problems that go along with it coupled with our lack of knowledge about Japan we decided we should use a travel agent. I found Nippon Travel on the internet and I thought since they are a Japanese company based out of Japan they would be the best choice. If any of my fellow DISers out there have had experience with this company we would greatly appreciate any insight you may have to offer.

I have talked with a travel agent, at AAA, and a local TA... and found that the advice that they give was quite skewed... leaning toward perks for them or something that they seem that they were pushing, which would give them some type of personal incentives... I was interested in business class last year when we went to Paris, and basically the TA, said oh you have to fly first class... its a must when flying over seas... and only seemed interested in pricing out for that even after I told her that was out of our budget... so I just decided to head home. I did get some good maps, and books for free at AAA, and after talking with the travel rep. there... she seem only interested in making sure that I flew with United, and stayed at a certain hotel chain and in a different Arrondissements ... even though I requested Air France and the 8th Arrondissents close to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysee...

In no way am I saying all TA's are like this.... This is only my personal experience, and my interaction at the time...

In the end I just researched, studied, watch You tube, and asked for advice here.... I planned and booked our whole trip from start to finish by myself... coming in way under budget... My next big trip in Japan next year... again I am doing it all myself...

Hello LovesTimone and thank you very much for your advice. Very true very true! As always the people you look to for help are always trying to line their own pockets with no real concern for their customers. Thank you for smacking me into reality and making me realize, not that it didn't already cross my mind, that the best person to plan for my vacation in Japan was me. Just going to work harder, do more research and get it done myself. It's a shame that when a person and or a company holds itself out as an entity that will help you is only angling on how to seperate you from your hard earned cash for the least amount of help it can provide.

Hello LovesTimone and thank you very much for your advice. Very true very true! As always the people you look to for help are always trying to line their own pockets with no real concern for their customers. Thank you for smacking me into reality and making me realize, not that it didn't already cross my mind, that the best person to plan for my vacation in Japan was me. Just going to work harder, do more research and get it done myself. It's a shame that when a person and or a company holds itself out as an entity that will help you is only angling on how to separate you from your hard earned cash for the least amount of help it can provide.

I am a planner, and I have to know what is going on... some control issues, as well... Yes I might have some OCD traits... I want to get the most out of my budget, and use my hard earned cash for my family and our trip in making our memories.... not help someone else's get their family free flights, or hotel or whatever, and use me to get it... No Thanks....

There is alot of info out there, I just sift through it, and pull out what I want to do, and see, and experience, and what my family will like to do, or not do... then I start to formulate a plan... My notes in " My Book" are at around 50 + pages, and the notes on my computer are at about 100 pages...

I don't like feeling pressured, or pushed into something, especially when I have let the person know, where I'm at budget wise, and other requirements... I just will get up and walk away, with a Thanks for your time... and just keep moving along...

Have fun planning, and keep us posted...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter