Has anyone used twighlight checkin ?

Red Max

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys

Heading off from Gatwick on Friday morning 31st, but will be staying at the airport on Thursday night.

Has anyone used the Virgin twighlight checkin facility ??

i haven't personally no......

we too have booked into a hotel for the night before we fly and won't bother with the twighlight checkin as we will just get to the airport around 7.15am the next morning, check in and then go off and have breakfast in gatwick.....

we do not want the hassle of increased hand luggage on the day we fly with the previous day's clothes

neil

We used it last summer. We live about 30 minutes away from Gatwick, and for us it worked really well. There was no one in the queue (we arrived about 8.00pm) and we were allocated the seats that we wanted. The following day meant we were under less pressure to get to Gatwick very early to beat the queues and ensure we got seated together.

Has Twilight checkin started up again? It was cancelled after 11 September, and I hadn't noticed that it was available again.

Regards

Rob

Originally posted by rob@rar.org.uk

Has Twilight checkin started up again? It was cancelled after 11 September, and I hadn't noticed that it was available again.

Regards

Rob

yes i believe it has - it's the downtown disney checkin that's still unavailable

Yes, twilight checkin is definitely open again - I rang Virgin Atlantic last Friday and they confirmed that we can use it.

It is open from 3:30 to 9pm. It seems like a good idea to me so we can avoid getting up so early on what will be a very long day anyway.

Thanks for the input.

I think we will give it a try on Thursday night. I'll let you know how it went on our return.

Cheers

Originally posted by Red Max
Thanks for the input.

I think we will give it a try on Thursday night. I'll let you know how it went on our return.

Cheers

have a fantastic trip !!!

:smooth:

Hi Red Max

Virgin's Twilight check-in is great.

For the last couple of years we've used it - and probably will again this year.

Which hotel at Gatwick are you staying at? If it's the Hilton they have a walkway which goes direct to the Terminal from the back of the hotel - fantastic.

We are down on the South Coast, so travel up and stay at the Hilton the night before; we arrive at about 7-7.30ish and (so far) there've been no people in the Q in front of us each time. I have read on a few reports that to get there at 3.30pm when it first opens is just as bad as the "normal" morning check-in - in other words REALLY busy with long lines.

I think it's a great thing - it means when you get up the morning of your flight you can relax. Mind you, before Twilight we stayed overnight which meant we just wandered over the walkway to the Terminal which goes straight from the Hilton, checked in then went back to our room to shower, dumped the overnight bag in the car and then headed back over to the airport for brekkie and boarding!

Go for it

:p

We've always used Twilight when it has been available. I don't like flying anyway & find the check-in q & waiting to see if we have the seats we booked very stressful so love being able to get that out of the way the night before.
We pack most of our toiletries in the main baggage & use the freebies in the hotel and wear clothes that will last us for the 2 days with just clean underwear & a clean shirt etc.
It works brilliantly for us, just wish they had it on all flights.
Have a great time, wish I was going with you:(
Regards
Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter