Has Disney’s Strategies To It’s Loyal Customers Finally Caught Up With It?

Normal in Death Valley is 125 degrees in July. That doesn't make it livable. Why wouldn't you prefer San Diego?
Never been to San Diego. But I live in Louisiana so the climate is extremely similar to Orlando. I have to go outside and live life here so we’re used to it. Now I personally would prefer to go to Disney when it’s cooler, but if I have to go during summer months it’s the same as being at home doing anything.

When you live in the South, like we did in Tennessee, you get used to the excessive heat and high humidity. If you didn't you wouldn't go out from April to November, LOL.
We used to go to Disney in July when the kids were little and did just fine. We now live in a cold climate and the heat bothers us now!

We haven’t been since Genie was introduced. The last time we visited Disney was still between fast pass and Genie. The heat is definitely the most significant factor that has kept us away, although cruising finally opening back up is a close second. Travel to FL for us right now would only make sense in summer (we’re currently stationed overseas), and it’s just too hot there during that time of year to even think about spending all day in a theme park.

Could it be partly due to AP block out dates? That, combined with the heat index - no suprise to see lower crowds.
The heat never stopped people before. Before we sold our DVC, we made several trips a year, starting back in 2000. Parks were always crowded in July and August, but we went anyhow, heat and all, because that is what was convenient for the rest of the family traveling along. There were days in the high 90s with a few days around 100 and 101.... and still crowded. People just took their fans, dranks lots of water, took a lot of breaks and went in stores more than usual. The biggest difference was fewer babies in strollers between the hours of 1 PM and about 7 PM.

The only weather that keeps any of the parks from being crowded is torrential rain. Holidays are packed as are much of the times shcools are out.

The heat never stopped people before. Before we sold our DVC, we made several trips a year, starting back in 2000. Parks were always crowded in July and August, but we went anyhow, heat and all, because that is what was convenient for the rest of the family traveling along. There were days in the high 90s with a few days around 100 and 101.... and still crowded. People just took their fans, dranks lots of water, took a lot of breaks and went in stores more than usual. The biggest difference was fewer babies in strollers between the hours of 1 PM and about 7 PM.
park hours allowed people to go back to the hotel mid afternoon for a cool down..now that they've cut hours and magic hours, people feel they cant go back to the room for that cool down.

that's frustrating. it was a total reset for us.

The only weather that keeps any of the parks from being crowded is torrential rain. Holidays are packed as are much of the times shcools are out.
I agree, i think people saying summer is slow because people had an epiphany during Covid that it was hot during florida summers is laughable. Personally i think Covid shook every industry, (especially service) and it's going to take a while for things to find their level

park hours allowed people to go back to the hotel mid afternoon for a cool down..now that they've cut hours and magic hours, people feel they cant go back to the room for that cool down.

that's frustrating. it was a total reset for us.
i would love park hours to go up, i'm sure Disney would too (open hours=more spending per guest). i believe they're running into trouble finding people who are willing to work late hours like that consistently, they will probably ramp back up at some point, but running the park on shorter hours to ensure it is properly staffed is more important then being open longer hours by stretching your staff to the limits

i would love park hours to go up, i'm sure Disney would too (open hours=more spending per guest). i believe they're running into trouble finding people who are willing to work late hours like that consistently, they will probably ramp back up at some point, but running the park on shorter hours to ensure it is properly staffed is more important then being open longer hours by stretching your staff to the limits
i mean, they were cutting hours and magic hours prior to covid in order to have more paid parties and after hours events.

i cant blame everything on covid and trouble finding people.

the shorted hours are to increase profits.

i mean, they were cutting hours and magic hours prior to covid in order to have more paid parties and after hours events.

i cant blame everything on covid and trouble finding people.

the shorted hours are to increase profits.
in some areas absolutely, in others it would behoove them to offer longer hours, even without paid for parties

Because that logic doesn't even work. So housekeepers should be paid more or the same to school teachers that have to get a 4 year degree, test and certify and pay more money to keep their certifications... Applies to alot of other positions that required some for of paid training and often certifications.

Lifeguards usually make more than house keepers but the certification program is short and not expensive to get.

There is a much larger issue at play, so few places want to hire high schoolers and just out of out high schoolers because they aren't reliable anymore or refuse to even want to consider getting a job.
Well then teachers are also under paid. Hence, the shortage of them too. Underpaying another group b/c a different group is already underpaid just creates shortages in both fields.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter