Has 'Ohana Become the Toughest ADR?

John Marecek

Mouseketeer
My window opened Tuesday for a November 26 arrival. Wanted dinner on December 1, 185 days out, and nothing. Didn't expect that, the week after Thanksgiving. Got CRT, BOG, even CM brunch arrival day, but shutout Friday at 'Ohana. I have great confidence things will open up over the next 6 months, but man I was surprised.

I know! I was trying to get the same ADR for those dates and it seems everything is booked up. I've been up at 7am everyday checking since I'm going the same week and it's been hard to grab anything.

I have one for september 21 for 6 at 9:55p I'm going to cancel!

My window opened Tuesday for a November 26 arrival. Wanted dinner on December 1, 185 days out, and nothing. Didn't expect that, the week after Thanksgiving. Got CRT, BOG, even CM brunch arrival day, but shutout Friday at 'Ohana. I have great confidence things will open up over the next 6 months, but man I was surprised.

Don't reservations open 180 days out? or is it different for Ohana?

I've only been going to Disney steadily for 3/4 years, and it's always been quite difficult to get relatively speaking. I do think you will find one open up though. I was able to get one during my stay, and it was the 28th, which was in the first half of our trip, so I was surprised. I just posted in another thread though, each of the times I have gone to Disney I have noticed that reservations are available on the app during our stay. People do cancel.

I think the dates aren't in the system for 180 days out from today. I would suggest calling disney because it's impossible that the week after Thanksgiving is completely sold out... even at 9:45pm.

I think the dates aren't in the system for 180 days out from today. I would suggest calling disney because it's impossible that the week after Thanksgiving is completely sold out... even at 9:45pm.
There seems to be a lot of that going on lately. It's a real disservice to their onsite guests.

The dates are in the system because our TA booked Ohana for us for Dec 1 at 6:50 this past Monday. Parts of Epcot aren't in the system for that week.

There are a ton of Ohana reservations available right now on 12/4, for those it will help. I didn't check other days, but I was able to get a 5:00 on 12/4 today and canceled my 6:45 for the same day.

My ADR window opens up tomorrow and dinner @ Ohana's is one of my top picks we are hoping to get. Fingers crossed!

We like to do Ohana on our last night (12/3) so I was ready to search on our 180 day @ 5 am CST. Got a 5:30 pm which is perfect time for us. Checked a few other dates and went back to 12/3 and by 5:45 only 3:30 & 9:30 were left.

I got Ohana for dinner Dec 7. There was quite a lot of availability for breakfast and dinner the dates we are going.

I personally believe that Be Our Guest, dinner specifically is still one of the hardest ADRs to score. I love O'Hana though!

What dates are the free dining?

The November period ends the 27th, picks back up December 8.

Also anyone who checks in during free dining can get it for their stay (if it was available). So I check in on the 25th and have free dining through the 5th.

That said I think it often seems tough to book 180 out but then a lot seems to open up close to the time (or has in the past).

At the last minute I bumped our arrival date up one day to 11/25 because it was the first day of the free dining package and was able to get everything I wanted except Askershus when my reservation window opened. Tables had not opened up there yet so I had my pick when TP sent me a notification on July 1. There were plenty of openings that week for 'Ohana at the time and I originally had two 6:40 PM reservations on different days, but it sounds like those checking in the first day of free dining cleaned them out. I cancelled my extra as soon as my other plans were cemented, but imagine others will wait till the last minute.

Last edited:
I had the hardest time getting anything decent at Ohana even booking 180 + 10 days. Snagged a 9:20pm reservation for one day during our trip. We're late eaters anyway, and it's just my husband and I, so it's fine with us - but could not believe I had tons of time slots to pick from for BOG, even during prime lunch and dinner hours, but could not get a decent time at Ohana for dinner! Now the breakfast at Ohana on the other hand - tons of availability and I got exactly what I wanted for a different day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter