Hat Box Ghost--Where and When?

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when the Hat Box Ghost will appear in the HM? Also, I've been hearing rumors about its placement on the ride--mainly near the endless hallway. The placement seems to be triggering hardcore HM fans as HBG would appear before Leota summons the spirits. I think it doesn't matter, but that's just me. Another gripe I've heard, is he doesn't fit the story/theme of WDW's HM. I'm curious to see what people here think :charac2:

Last edited:
I've also heard the rumour that he's being placed near or in the endless hallway. I also just heard the renewed rumour (first speculated, then discounted and now apparently back on again) that he may appear during the Aug 7-9 refurb. However, other sources suggest this is unlikely as not enough time to get him installed and their best guess is early October. Only the placement rumour seems to have real legs at this time. When he will appear is up in the air. While I agree with purists that it doesn't make much sense for the Hatbox Ghost to be placed before the spirits are called, I'm really just happy he's going to show in WDW. Thankful for anything positive at this point.

I've also heard the rumour that he's being placed near or in the endless hallway. I also just heard the renewed rumour (first speculated, then discounted and now apparently back on again) that he may appear during the Aug 7-9 refurb. However, other sources suggest this is unlikely as not enough time to get him installed and their best guess is early October. Only the placement rumour seems to have real legs at this time. When he will appear is up in the air. While I agree with purists that it doesn't make much sense for the Hatbox Ghost to be placed before the spirits are called, I'm really just happy he's going to show in WDW. Thankful for anything positive at this point.
I also look foward to his arrival in WDW :wizard:

I’m surprised he didn’t materialize in conjunction with the movie’s opening weekend. Could have been a nice marketing splash for both the movie and MK. Lost opportunity IMO!

I’ll reserve judgement on his ultimate location in the mansion, but I do think they’re going to need something more than just dropping him in place if he’s going to materialize before the seance room. His placement at DL is fantastic, just past the attic. Let’s hope the imagineers at WDW have a compelling reason for choosing an alternate location.

I’m surprised he didn’t materialize in conjunction with the movie’s opening weekend. Could have been a nice marketing splash for both the movie and MK. Lost opportunity IMO!

I’ll reserve judgement on his ultimate location in the mansion, but I do think they’re going to need something more than just dropping him in place if he’s going to materialize before the seance room. His placement at DL is fantastic, just past the attic. Let’s hope the imagineers at WDW have a compelling reason for choosing an alternate location.
Many are curious about the selected location, but we shall see :scratchin Good point about the timing with the movie :stir:

Perhaps the movie will make sense of the location?? Going tomorrow - can’t wait.

🖤🖤🖤🖤

Saw movie. I am okay on where they are putting him.
You’ve just given me an image that raises a big question. Do we have any idea what Hatbox will be? If he’s in the endless hallway, would they just make him a projection? I don’t think I’ve read anywhere that they specifically plan to add an animatronic like the one they have at DL. I think I’d be rather disappointed in a completely projected video. I sure hope not as I’ve been totally expecting a similar treatment as DL.

You’ve just given me an image that raises a big question. Do we have any idea what Hatbox will be? If he’s in the endless hallway, would they just make him a projection? I don’t think I’ve read anywhere that they specifically plan to add an animatronic like the one they have at DL. I think I’d be rather disappointed in a completely projected video. I sure hope not as I’ve been totally expecting a similar treatment as DL.
I don't know that I've seen anything that specifies. I hope he is 3D and not a full projection. Since we are moving and turning I think a projection could be a challenge.

I saw a picture of an actual animatronic in what looked like a work room, but who knows, maybe at was the DL one :confused3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter