Hats and glasses on thrill rides

Joe Arkansas

Mouseketeer
Do you take off hats and/or glasses when you rise thrill rides at Disney?

I’m thinking glasses stay on, but hats come off.

Last time I went to Disney (10 years ago), I didn’t wear glasses yet, so I’ve never had to think about this before. Lol.

Last time I went to Disney (10 years ago), I didn’t wear glasses yet, so I’ve never had to think about this before. Lol.

I take glasses off, including my prescription glasses. I carry a case with me if I for some reason don’t wear my contacts.

I`ve never taken either off and have rode all the rides more than once. Sometimes I will turn my hat backwards on Everest or Rockin roller coaster but not always.

My hat flew off on Splash Mountain last year and hit the guy two rows behind me. It gave him a small cut on the forehead and somehow he caught it. He was mostly disappointed it didn't show up on the ride photo.

I only take my glasses off on Primeval Whirl, and that is because I almost lost a pair of rx sunglasses that way. They flew off and landed on my son's lap, thank goodness. My hat flew off on BTMRR trip before last, so now I take it off for that ride.

I wear glasses and have never taken them off for any ride at Disney and have never even felt them slipping. That said, I do wear Croakies to secure them on Rock n Roller Coaster and, at Universal, on The Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit.

I can't speak to hats!

My boys wear glasses and i think the only ride they took them off for has been Rockin rollercoaster, just because of the loop. that is probably the most intense thrill ride. Hat probably should come off on all the roller coasters.

I always wear sunglasses. If the ride has a little attached spot/bag for hats or ears, like 7DMT, we always take them off.

I don't wear hats, but do wear glasses. I've never taken them off at Disney or any other coaster I've ever been on. Never had a problem, not even slight slipping. I don't have any kind of string or anything on them either, just my normal day to day prescription glasses.

I wear glasses and I have never taken them off for any of the rides (I ride all of the roller coasters). However, if you have loose fitting glasses and / or they tend to slip alot, I would consider taking them off.

Glasses strap!!! Security on rides and holds glasses snug to face which helps with 3-d glasses sitting over them.

Hat off. My park hat is an EE cap with the strap/opening in the back. I have a carabiner clip on the strap of my park bag, and I clip my hat to my bag when not wearing it.

If I can put my face down and shake it slightly and the glasses fall slide, then I take them off. If they stay on fine, I normally leave them on.

I usually only do this for EE, RnR, Space, Dinosaur, and ToT.

Ok, I know it's not a thrill ride, but I got hit, and subsequently caught a woman's Mickey ear hat on Pirates of the Caribbean. Of all rides. But I was in the last row so I'm just glad I caught it and she didn't lose it.

My husband had a hat fly off on Splash. Glasses are a whole different story. I usually keep them on-I took them off on Splash one time and they broke in my hand! It was a long, blurry walk out of the park after that!:earseek:

I have never taken my glasses off for any rides. The only rides I have not done is RnR and EE, out of caution for my motion sickness. However, my husband wears glasses and he kept his on for those, as did my 8 year old.

I always keep my glasses on at all times whether at Disney, or Universal. I've done all the thrill rides. I am almost legally blind without them and on top of that I normally go to the parks alone. So, keeping them on is essential. While I've never lost anything in my pockets in the park, I feel a little worried about putting my glasses in my pockets due to worried about them breaking, or miraculously I do end up losing them that time I finally decide to store them away.

Only precaution I take is pressing my glasses to the side of my head at the end of roller coasters, as the sudden stop of the roller coaster and having the g-force speed disrupting is the only risk of losing your glasses in my opinion due to the force of the halt. Even then, it depends on the coaster as some do their stops more gracefully, but mainly it's sudden.

The only simulator I can even think of that would be violent enough to potentially take out glasses is Dinosaur and even then I did not lose them and I did not press them onto my face once during the ride, however I also would never go on that ride again, because of how painful it was for me.

Typically, if your glasses are correctly fitted, which they should be, they should remain on your face.

Also, hat's are easy -- Take them off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!