Hats and glasses on thrill rides

I take them both off. I'd probably be fine leaving them on, but I don't want to chance it. I have a really expensive pair of sunglasses, so those go in their hard case and in my backpack while I'm in the ride queue. My wife wears hers though and never has a problem. I just won't risk it.

I turned my hat around on my first ride on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster only to have the brim hit the seat back when the acceleration kicked in. I managed to hold on to it. It may be a short person problem. Or a bald person problem. :)

On my last trip, someone actually said: "Don't wear the hat."

Oddly, I find that a lot of rides just don't have the umph! to knock your glasses and hat off. What annoys me is splashed water on the glasses. That's annoying. I take them off.

I wear a sports strap on my glasses for all rides. I don't like to take the chance of losing them. It also helps my hair is long enough to be in a ponytail, so the sports strap will also be stopped by that.

My wife tucks her hat into a backpack for most rides, or she sits on it if she forgets she's wearing it. She's had a few close calls, and the backwards hat, even with a ponytail stuck through the back opening, doesn't really help.

Husband lost hat once on a ride so now always takes off. I'm blind as a bat without my glasses (the person who said he/she was almost legally blind (20/200) - if my eyesight was half that good I could get away with no glasses from time to time - I'm 20/1600)! Always took glasses off till last trip. Bought a cute Mickey Croakie (you being a guy could go for the more cool surfer croakies) which I now wear as I am tired of missing seeing everything and now I am perfectly confident. Having worn glasses all my life, all frames are different and I couldn't afford to take a chance. If you wear glasses to see, I'd use a croakie. If you are talking sun glasses you don't want to lose, I'd suggest either croakie or take them off. Now I only take them off for Summit Plummet and only cuz they make me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!