Haunted Mansion Themed Bathroom.

ChadHitchGhost

Earning My Ears
We just moved into a new home a few months ago and the hall bathroom had gold striped wallpaper in it. Besides wallpaper being a bad idea in a bathroom, I did not like the color and it was starting to peel along the seems so it had to go. My wife, to my great surprise, said I could decorate it anyway I wanted. That's when I realized what an opportunity I had before me. My wife is not as big of a Disney fan as I am so I was a little worried about what she was going to think of the end result, but I was confident it would look great. She ended up liking it.

I was originally going to do a generic Disney theme but quickly realized I wanted to go full Haunted Mansion. I love Halloween and the Haunted Mansion so it was inevitable. A bunch of paint samples, crafts and etsy orders later, here is a gallery of the end result:

https://imgur.com/a/SSAfjPf

I did not have the budget to change the vanity and medicine cabinet so I knew if I painted the entire room purple it might look strange with the lighter wood. So I just kept 1 accent wall in full purple and the back splash of the sing. I then used a cream/buttery white that has a little tint of yellow in it. It created a great bridge between everything. And it looks amazing in person. Even my friends who think I was crazy to event attempt something like this were impressed with how nice it looks.

I was so happy I was able to incorporate some of the things I got from our recent trip to WDW. Such as my ghostly portrait from Momento Mori. When you stand in certain spots you can see the reflection of the photo and see both versions of the portrait. I even managed to get a "hidden" mickey above the door.

I am hoping to change out the vanity and medicine cabinet at some point in the future to complete the look but for now it looks great!
53u6EGk.jpg

Z1YEjqF.jpg

VcdIUNR.jpg

We just moved into a new home a few months ago and the hall bathroom had gold striped wallpaper in it. Besides wallpaper being a bad idea in a bathroom, I did not like the color and it was starting to peel along the seems so it had to go. My wife, to my great surprise, said I could decorate it anyway I wanted. That's when I realized what an opportunity I had before me. My wife is not as big of a Disney fan as I am so I was a little worried about what she was going to think of the end result, but I was confident it would look great. She ended up liking it.

I was originally going to do a generic Disney theme but quickly realized I wanted to go full Haunted Mansion. I love Halloween and the Haunted Mansion so it was inevitable. A bunch of paint samples, crafts and etsy orders later, here is a gallery of the end result:

https://imgur.com/a/SSAfjPf

I did not have the budget to change the vanity and medicine cabinet so I knew if I painted the entire room purple it might look strange with the lighter wood. So I just kept 1 accent wall in full purple and the back splash of the sing. I then used a cream/buttery white that has a little tint of yellow in it. It created a great bridge between everything. And it looks amazing in person. Even my friends who think I was crazy to event attempt something like this were impressed with how nice it looks.

I was so happy I was able to incorporate some of the things I got from our recent trip to WDW. Such as my ghostly portrait from Momento Mori. When you stand in certain spots you can see the reflection of the photo and see both versions of the portrait. I even managed to get a "hidden" mickey above the door.

I am hoping to change out the vanity and medicine cabinet at some point in the future to complete the look but for now it looks great!
53u6EGk.jpg

Z1YEjqF.jpg

VcdIUNR.jpg
Great job! What fun!

This is amazing! I love the little Mickey you got up there too. Here's a tip for your vanity... if you haven't done this before... spray paint. I redid my son's dressers without sanding. Just spray painted, added a stain and quickly wiped off just to add some depth, and the used paste finishing wax. The wax completely protects it. 5 years later, not a single scratch. I literally remodel everything with this method now. So much faster and cheaper.

Awesome, The single stencil is a great compromise to having a full wall of wallpaper!
I was really close to doing the entire wallpaper design but decided to stay subtle instead. But I still have the option if I change my mind. I found a place that can do custom stamps and I could easily add the pattern to the wall if needed.

I was really close to doing the entire wallpaper design but decided to stay subtle instead. But I still have the option if I change my mind. I found a place that can do custom stamps and I could easily add the pattern to the wall if needed.
That's awesome! Now if only your wife would give you another room to tackle...

Oh my God! I am getting ready to change my kids bathroom into a haunted mansion bathroom And when I googled it, your post showed up! So I have to ask, where in the heck did you get your shower curtain? I don’t want the purple wallpaper shower curtain because I’m having pops of the wallpaper design elsewhere. So I was really hoping that there was a stretching portrait shower curtain somewhere and yours popped up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts