Have a few hours in LA, what do??

Catvondita

A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World
Hi there!

So for the first time my husband and I and his friends will be landing in LAX rather than in Anaheim. Our flight this Saturday is early and we land at 10:36AM. Well be picking up our rental car and then my husband wants to get Korean BBQ in K-Town. Not quite sure how bad the drive will be around that time and we are trying to check into Howard Johnson in Anaheim by 4PM so I was wondering if we had any time left after lunch, what are some things we should do before we head to Anaheim?

Are there any cool spots along the way as we drive to Anaheim? If some thing is a little out of the way but not crazy far we could do that. The only thing I'm not super interested in is Hollywood/ Chinese Theater/ Walk of Fame, I hear that's basically like their time Square and as some one from NYC I'm trying to avoid that lol. Part of me doesn't feel the need to check out super touristy spots but it would be nice to see some local hot spots. Any cool (cheaper) shopping districts? Any well known dessert places without crazy lines?

Thanks!

There is Korean BBQ in Buena Park and in Garden Grove, not far from DLR. Much closer than Korea Town, unless your husband wants to see other things there, too. You could look into the Anaheim Packing District (upscale food court with live bands and lots of food and drink variety), Fashion Island (near Newport Beach, upscale outdoor mall with lots of food, drink, shopping variety), and South Coast Plaza (very upscale indoor mall with interesting food and shopping variety). All those places are either very near or about 30 minutes or so from DLR.

There is Korean BBQ in Buena Park and in Garden Grove, not far from DLR. Much closer than Korea Town, unless your husband wants to see other things there, too. You could look into the Anaheim Packing District (upscale food court with live bands and lots of food and drink variety), Fashion Island (near Newport Beach, upscale outdoor mall with lots of food, drink, shopping variety), and South Coast Plaza (very upscale indoor mall with interesting food and shopping variety). All those places are either very near or about 30 minutes or so from DLR.

Thanks! My husband is Korean so he wants to check out LA's K-Town since we are frequently at the one in NYC. The Anaheim Packing district and Fashion Island sounds pretty cool!

Right across the parking lot from the Packing District is the Anaheim Brewery (craft brews). And there are other fun places popping up in that area, so ask around for advice on other things to see there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!