Have any Canadians received emails regarding cancelled ADR's/FP's?

I received a passholder email in the middle of the night telling me about the reservation system, but nothing about my hotel stay or cancelling ADR's. I did see that some of my ADR's have been cancelled though.

I received the explanation email that any previously booked FP's would be cancelled.

I had booked my room only reservation with a local Disney authorized TA who matched an UT rate I had seen at the time. I received this email from her last night. In addition to below, the only other relevant information she included was that the cancellation with full refund is again 30 days. While there’s really nothing new here, it kind of confirms no park hopping.

Got our email last night, just after 9pm eastern, for our Sept 27th trip. We had the recovery (COVID) free dining package at Pop. Instead of the free dining, 35% room discount will automatically be applied, which works out to be just over $500 for our stay. I'm good with that bc we never do the dining plan anyways since we don't eat enough to get the full value. The room discount will pay for most, if not all, of our food. Now we just need the border to open up!

Got our email last night, just after 9pm eastern, for our Sept 27th trip. We had the recovery (COVID) free dining package at Pop. Instead of the free dining, 35% room discount will automatically be applied, which works out to be just over $500 for our stay. I'm good with that bc we never do the dining plan anyways since we don't eat enough to get the full value. The room discount will pay for most, if not all, of our food. Now we just need the border to open up!

I think another concern you may have is self isolation upon your return. If this policy does not change, then when you get back, you will have to stay home 14 days, and that means STAY HOME. My parents just returned from Florida where they go for winter. They must stay home and figure out how to get groceries etc. They have been contacted separately by both the federal and provincial governments over the last few days. They just returned on Tuesday morning. They are imposing serious fines if you are not at home when they try to reach you.

Another couple had police visit their home to confirm they were home.

We have trip booked for March, I'm not sure I want to add another 2 weeks to a 10 day trip because of isolating policy upon return. We will see

No emails from Disney at all. Have AP and DVC stay booked.
FPs all gone. ADRs mostly gone. Cabana reservation gone.

Got my email, however in MDE my in park ADRs are still showing, and out of park ones gone, and pkg type still says freedineBB, likely just hasnt been updated yet.

Half of my ADRs disappeared yesterday. All Dis Springs including Homecomin gone. All MK and Epcot ones still there. Sure just their cancellation process and all will be gone soon. No email yet.

I was just hoping they allowed me to push my reservation to say october 2021 and keep free dining. Too many unknowns I guess. I suspect we will be cancelling our December trip

I have reserved a 2 BR at BRV for our family for seven nights in December. I have come to the conclusion that there is no way I will pay Top Dollar for a Disney vacation that we may not be guaranteed park admission let alone no fireworks/ parades etc. or the chance to get dining reservations. Hence I also suspect that we will be cancelling also

Anyone know if we choose not to go on our 2020 vacation if we can modify it to 2021 instead of just cancelling?

I have not received an email. Just went onto MDE. Our free dining bounceback has been changed to Recovery20. I was almost paid in full, so there is now no remaining balance stated on MDE. I was hoping to reschedule for next year and transfer the $ to the new reservation. I guess I'll have to see what options are available. I don't want to have the money returned to my credit card because of the exchange rate fees. I was expecting to pay the fees when I purchased. What I wasn't expecting was possibly having to pay exchange rates on the cancellation refund and then pay again on a new reservation. As for ADRs, all have been cancelled except for HS and EP restaurants so far.

I have not received an email. Just went onto MDE. Our free dining bounceback has been changed to Recovery20. I was almost paid in full, so there is now no remaining balance stated on MDE. I was hoping to reschedule for next year and transfer the $ to the new reservation. I guess I'll have to see what options are available. I don't want to have the money returned to my credit card because of the exchange rate fees. I was expecting to pay the fees when I purchased. What I wasn't expecting was possibly having to pay exchange rates on the cancellation refund and then pay again on a new reservation. As for ADRs, all have been cancelled except for HS and EP restaurants so far.
Yes, Im in the same boat, would rather not pay exchange again and hope to just transfer/modify to next year, but when I click change/modify it just reloads as of now.

We have a room-only reservation in November and several ADRs. We got the email yesterday but our ADRs are still available on MDE. There is a note that says they cannot be modified. The only available option for the ADRs is a button to cancel them. I suppose our time will come. They must not have gotten to ours yet.

I haven't received an email yet. Most of our dining reservations have been cancelled. Out of our 6 free dining reservation I had my first change tonight. They added the room discount to our yacht club reservation. It knocked off $1600 off of the $5400 reservation. Of course the free dining was a value of $3120. $1520 short of the dining value. Ie, yup I will be cancelling it.

Most of my ADRs are gone, a few stragglers left. I'm assuming refunds will be forthcoming for my CRT and Hoop-de-doo ADRs. My droid depot and Savi's are still in place. My tickets are flex Canadian resident tickets, and still the 2030 date on them, which I know is just how long they maintain value. I really hope they announce something official on these tickets. I will rebook for next August, most likely, but I'm hoping our tickets are still good as is.

My dining ressies disappeared from my app a few days ago. Just received an email notifying me they were cancelled...or should I say, ONE of my ressies 😒 so I guess I can expect more emails 😆

Got my email. We are booked for Christmas and now have no free dining. We will be cancelling!!
Where are you staying? If you’re at a deluxe, the 35% off over Christmas is awesome! It can even be a decent deal at the values and moderates this time of year, considering rack rate run between about $300- $500.

Where are you staying? If you’re at a deluxe, the 35% off over Christmas is awesome! It can even be a decent deal at the values and moderates this time of year, considering rack rate run between about $300- $500.
I think that's going to depend on the makeup of the party. Even if the room was $500, 35% off of 500 is a savings of $175 a night. Free dining, even if it's only the QS, is $55 per person, per night. For my family of 4, that's $220 per night. Now, our original reservation had a rack rate of something like 269 a night. To make up for the same discount as the free dining, we'd have needed to get 81.78% off the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter