Have any park attractions closed in the last year?

forgetyourtroubles!

Mouseketeer
I know that Alien Encounter has closed and Indiana Jones Stunt show. Anything else? Or do you know of any upcoming closures? Thanks!

The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is open. The Backlot tour is closed until April because they are working on the new Stunt Show Attraction that will open in 2005 in Disney MGM Studios.

Yes, Alien Encounter is closed, so they can incorporate Stitch into a new attraction.

The Wonders of Life Pavillion at Epcot will only be open seasonally, and Food Rocks in the Land Pavillion is closed to make way for the new Soaring Over California attraction to also open next year.

Periodically, other attractions close for a few weeks at a time to allow for annual maintainance and rehab.

I don't think you will find too many attractions closed, as most big rehabs have already taken place. You can call or go online to check before you get there to avoid any disappointments.

Have a great trip!

Originally posted by eeyore0062
Food Rocks in the Land Pavillion is closed to make way for the new Soaring Over California attraction to also open next year.

You know, as corny as that show was, we loved it. I'm really going to miss Food Rocks.....however, I've seen Soarin' Over California, and it is phenomenal!::yes::

I've been to WDW 3 times since Pooh opened and it just so happened to be closed every time we were in the MK. :( We are REALLY crossing our fingers that it will be open during our next visit. Here's hopin'!

Snow White will be close April 19 - May 21 accoring to Disney site on May calendar. Still no hours posted for May yet .

Also for our time frame:

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area is closed 5/3-6/30
Dinosaur is closed 4/19-6/1

Is there any way to know when "seasonal" attractions are open before we get down there?

Beth

The WHOLE Wonders of Life Pavillion? That's our favorite. Why "seasonally"?

Any ideas when Alien Encounter will open?

Originally posted by iloveeeyore
The WHOLE Wonders of Life Pavillion? That's our favorite. Why "seasonally"?

Any ideas when Alien Encounter will open?

Alien Encounter is closed for good. The new Stitch ride is taking its place...:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter