Have heard QS at MK isn’t great- but any standout decent meals?

On our recent trip our family was disappointed by the food options. It seemed like burgers and BBQ ribs/pulled pork are the norm these days. Burgers are fine, but there was nothing really standing out as variety. Our go to are Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbour House. Ate at Cosmic Rays for the first time in years and won't return.

Okay, I'm gonna be straight with ya, Disneyland has much better QS quality for the most part than WDW. Tropical Hideway is great - but there's nothing in MK like it. The closest is going to be Satu'li Canteen in AK which is in fact very good. If you're used to eating QS at DLR, temper your expectations and for goodness sake stay away from the pizza! The thread has demonstrated where your good choices will be, and don't get me wrong, there are some, they just aren't mostly at the DLR level!
I really liked the clam chowder in sourdough bread bowl at Pacific Wharf (I mean, it isn't as good as Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach but it's pretty good). Thought the Louisiana beef stew at French Market was pretty good too. I did like both of those places better than MK QS.

As someone else in this thread mentioned, we usually take a break from MK for a late lunch at one of the monorail resorts. Changes things up a bit, and gives you a bit of a recharge to head back into the park later. We love grabbing a noodle bowl at The Poly and relaxing outside for a bit.

I really liked the clam chowder in sourdough bread bowl at Pacific Wharf (I mean, it isn't as good as Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach but it's pretty good). Thought the Louisiana beef stew at French Market was pretty good too. I did like both of those places better than MK QS.

Oh yeah - Pacific Wharf and French Market are among the best QS at DLR! MK certainly could up it's game, though I do like some of the newer QS style places like Satu'li Canteen and The place in Galaxy's Edge (haven't been but hear good things) - I think that's a good sign of upping th QS food game. MK needs a cool new place like those.

We always return to these places:

Columbia Harbour House - tuna sandwich is tasty and very filling
Sleepy Hollow - I could just eat a fruit and nutella waffle right now
BOG - we like the food, but LOVE the west wing
Cosmic Rays - because of the variety (something for everyone in our family)

As someone else in this thread mentioned, we usually take a break from MK for a late lunch at one of the monorail resorts. Changes things up a bit, and gives you a bit of a recharge to head back into the park later. We love grabbing a noodle bowl at The Poly and relaxing outside for a bi
I agree. If you are comparing the food to Disneyland, you will only be disappointed. It's so easy to hop the monorail to Captain Cook's at Poly or Contempo Cafe at Contemporary and get really good food and a much greater variety. There's the added benefit of leaving the parks for a break and then heading back, fed and rested.

Best QS restaurants in MK imo;
Very Good:
Columbia Harbour House - Fried food - fish, shrimp, chicken; lobster roll
Sleepy Hallow - Waffle sandwiches, Spicy chick sandwich
Aunt Pollys (Rarely open - only wall to wall people holidays - Xmas, Easter etc) - bbq pork biscuits, Peanut butter, choc hazelnut & banana sandwich
Be Our Guest - Lunch/Breakfast

Good:
Pecos Bill Tale Tale Inn - Hamburgers, Fajitas, Pork Carnitas, mini corn dogs
Pinocchio Villiage Hause - Flatbreads
Friar's Nook - Bacon Mac & cheese tots, Buffalo chick tots
Casey's Corner - Hot dogs w/ chili, corn dogs

Honorable Mention:
Westward Ho - Breakfast Sandwich & Candied bacon skewer

For the Monorail resorts:
Contemporary - Contempo Cafe - Great Quick Serve Restaurant - Italian beef, salads, pizzas and fantastic bakery
Polynesian - Capt Cooks - Aloha Pork sandwich, chicken wings, thai coconut meatballs, flatbreads
Grand Floridian - Don't think any QS really stands out here

Boat ride -
Wilderness Lodge - Roaring Fork - Flatbread, burgers, chicken & waffles, pulled pork, salads
Wilderness Resort Campgrounds - P & J's Southern Takeout - Chicken & Ribs, burgers - food mostly from Hoop-de-doo

Also several very good, lower demand Table service or Lounge restaurants.

The one food item I keep dreaming about was the buffalo chicken tator tots. I asked without the blue cheese and it's so good. Disney knows how to cook them tots.

Our typical schedule has us in MK for two days and eating at BOG and Pecos Bills for lunch.

If you tend to eat healthier because it's good for you, but don't mind splurging for "junk" every once in a while, we really enjoy Casey's and Cosmic Ray's. Not the kind of stuff we eat every day, but very tasty hot dogs/burgers/etc.

If you prefer healthier food solely based on taste, we enjoy splitting platters at Pecos Bill's and loading up on veggies at the toppings bar. We particularly like the Taco Trio with the spicy breaded cauliflower. Definitely big enough to share.

I definitely would NOT splurge at Casey’s or Ray’s. Not trying to be too confrontational, but splurging at those restaurants is like splurging at McDonalds. If someone is eating healthy don’t bust it for those restaurants

Another vote for hitting one of the monorail resorts. As you can see from the opinions in this thread, there are no real standouts at MK for QS and my opinion is all options are about a 6 on a 10 point scale.

I don’t really eat much fried stuff, nuggets, burgers or Disney QS pizza either. If I don’t opt for TS I usually bring a lunch to the MK and DHS. Skipper Canteen is definitely my favorite there. If doing QS I enjoy the Lighthouse Sandwich at CHH, the fried seafood not so much but I’m from south Louisiana and picky when it comes to fried seafood.

I tend to semi-brownbag a lot. I’ll pack things like cheese and charcuterie and fruit and add them to a purchased side salad or cup of soup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!