Have things changed at AKL?

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
Maybe I have just been lucky but I have never had an issue booking a value studio at 11 months out. I have been checking availability recently and both concierge and value studios are completely gone at 8 AM. They are there the night before. I just find it weird although maybe concierge was always this way. Value rooms were not.

Maybe people have purchased there now that want value rooms? Lots of people are buying resale.

:earsboy: Bill

Keep trying. I got a DVC value room in June 2018 and I own at BWV. I waitlisted the rest of my days and they came through. I guess that I was lucky. I usually go in December to BWV and not in June.

I got a value studio for three nights before this year’s DVC Member Cruise. Once the cruise booked, I would have thought it difficult to get a value. Could have had studio or 1 bedroom.

Maybe it is just March 2019. I have always been able to nab value studios 11 months out. Never really looked at concierge before but they seem impossible too, at least now.i was on right at 8 and rooms that were there yesterday were suddenly all gone. Never saw that before.

That's the norm for value and club studios from what I've seen (only been a member for a year).

Walking would show up differently though....they wouldn't even be available leading up to 8:00. These are just being booked immediately. I'm sure there is walking going on but seeing them disappear at 8 is just whatever left being booked.

Well today was my 11 months out and at 8 AM the value room studio showed up. Unfortunately, I could not book anything as it kept showing I didn't have enough points. I did. I called when they opened and by then decided to book a value 1 bedroom as we only need it for three days after a cruise. Value studios are all gone now but 1 bedrooms still there. They only sleep the number same as the studios but we will appreciate the extra bedroom as my now 16 year old is bringing her friend along and my younger daughter wanted a separate room for us. The 1 bedroom values are a great "value" point wise, 22 points less than the standards and 42 points less than the Savannah rooms. Of course, if you need somewhere that sleeps 5 you would have to book the bigger rooms. Normally when just me and my three daughters, we book the studios and share or book a split stay. We don't have a lot of points. This year nearly wiped us out as we had to go just before Easter due to a change in our winter break dates when our schools combined the two. Usually it is the third week in March. I am thinking many walk concierge. Hopefully someday they will find a way to stop this such as making people wait a week to change dates.

I still can't figure out when people "jump in" to walk the CL rooms.

Last edited:
I had booked it once. I tried one day and learned that day how to go quicker. The next day I got it and booked it for a week. I later cancelled as we decided to save a few points for a larger family trip. They all come available at some point. That was the only time I've tried though.

One answer is to book when others aren’t booking. This might turn out to be when the points chart is highest, like a major holiday. So if there is a big holiday near your dates, try starting then.

I still think there is a system glitch as many of the resorts at 8:00 am at the 11 month mark don't have any rooms available. And it is not during prime DVC booking months either. The next day the room will be available but the current day is not available. Very frustrating, and if people are walking and dropping one day at a time at the 11 month mark, they do not know what they are doing. They should be making changes for 7 days out at the 11 month mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter