Have to pay parking if going into Epcot to buy AP before check in?

Actually, you don't need to have the AP in hand when checking in. Many times they won't even ask for it at your hotel. If they do, they will allow you 24 hours to get one and show it at the front desk.

As far as parking then, once you check in at a WDW resort, they will give you a parking pass so you won't have to pay for parking at any of the parks.

Hope this helps.

You can also purchase an active AP at the airport or at DtD, if you need one prior to check-in.

In answer to your question, yes you will have to pay the parking fee. Free parking only extends to activated APs. Bring the parking receipt with you to the Guest Relations window where you will buy your AP and they will refund the parking fee to you.

We stopped and showed the CM at the gate our vouchers for AP and he said just go on in and we did. Never said anything about paying and then getting the money back, he just let us go in. That was at Magic Kingdom too.

If yopu want it done ahead of time though and do not wnat to go to park you can just go to downtown Disney and get them activated.::MickeyMo

Okay, so where do you buy the AP in DtD? At the huge World of Disney store or somewhere else there?

Last time we bought vouchers ahead and then activated them at Epcot, this time I'd just like to wait until we are there to get them.

Thanks - I'm sure this question has been asked a million times!

Rhonna :)

You can ride the bus to a park. IF the rest of the family already have their passes or will also buy passes at the park they can go with you.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I purchased an AP at the Marketplace area of Downtown Disney, also. I forget the exact location, but it was in a guest relations area, not a store.

Originally posted by Rhonna
Okay, so where do you buy the AP in DtD? At the huge World of Disney store or somewhere else there?

World of Disney does not have anything to do with tickets. You can buy an activated AP or exchange your AP voucher for the activated AP at either of the two DTD Guest Relations locations. The Guest Relations offices at DTD are located in the Marketplace and in West Side.

The Marketplace location is right next door to the Once Upon A Toy shop on the Rainforest Cafe end of the Marketplace. This is an actual office that you walk into. It is set in the back side of the building directly in front of the restrooms.

The West Side location is at the Pleasure Island end, just past the AMC Theaters. Walk straight down with PI on your right and AMC Theaters on your left and you will see it right in front of you. It is a white building that says "information" on it. This is a Guest Relations window like the parks have.

Either of these can handle your transaction.

YOu could also park at the Boardwalk and get it activated at the International Gateway too couldn't you?

Thanks everyone!

GoldenOldie:

You and I must communicate in a similar way. Your answers were dead on what I was looking for. :)

I think we will get them at Downtown Disney. (I can just imagine if I hadn't asked I'd be positive they were available at the World of Disney store.)

Rhonna

You can also get them at the Ticket and Transit Center. If you go towards the Polynesian, there will be a small parking lot on the right for taxis between the bus area and the Poly. Inside there is a 15 minute parking area. You can park there and walk up to the ticket windows. We did this once and it was very convenient.

Originally posted by PKS44
YOu could also park at the Boardwalk and get it activated at the International Gateway too couldn't you?

The gate at the boardwalk has gotten stricker as to who parks there...so depending on your time of year you might be limited to a 3 hr parking pass...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter