Have to Vent Lost Illuminations Cruise

sherry8253

<font color=blue>The TF hopes to brighten your day
I just have to vent - I called this morning for a Specialty Illuminations Cruise - Got right in - CM said there were cruises available - gave her all of the specifics including credit card. By 7:02 she was reading me the confirmation #. In the middle of the confirmation # she said and I quote 'Oh my God, I made a mistake. I am so sorry, oh please forgive me. I am so sorry. She said she pressed the wrong button; she pressed the one for MK fireworks cruise instead of illuminations. She sounded like she was crying she was so upset. My DH gave me heck and said I should have asked to speak with her supervisor and asked that they give me the cruise if not for that date for later in the week. I told him the woman was so upset all I could think of was that I didn't want to get her in trouble with a supervisor for messing up. So the moral of the story is even if a CM tells you that you have a cruise, hope that she has pressed (or presses) the correct button.

Oh that's terrible. They should have put you through to guest services and checked to see if they could help. I would have felt bad for her too though if she was crying. That stinks. Maybe someone will cancel.

So sorry. But, we had something similar happen to us. Tried several days in a row (at 4:00 - you know, us West Coast people). On the last day, I got put on hold and lost the chance to get the cruise, but I spoke with a wonderful CM supervisor who said she would see what she could do, and we ended up getting a cruise. Don't know how, but it's true. We are going on the cruise on Oct. 26. If you have any more days you can try for...I wish you the best of luck. If you don't, maybe a supervisor could help, without faulting the CM who made an honest, although sad for you, mistake.

How frustrating and disappointing. I hope you have another chance to try for a specialty cruise and get one. Did you keep the WISHes cruise? I understand they are great fun, too.

Katholyn

Thanks all for your support. I called again this morning and lo and behold I got the same CM from yesterday. I couldn't believe it because there are so many CM's taking calls. This time she pressed the right button and I got the cruise. :D She remembered me from yesterday and thanked me for being to kind to her when her mistake had cost me the cruise because she said I could have been very difficult about it. She told me she was so upset all day and even at home last night because of her mistake and she was so happy she had a chance to make it right today. I am very glad I didn't make a fuss yesterday. I told her I was glad that I got her again too because I felt as bad for her as I did for myself yesterday. It makes you think of all of the people who go to Disney and expect everything to be beyond perfect and get so upset when something doesn't work out to their expectations. I have seen customers be nasty to CM's several times. I know that I will try to remember when something isn't exactly how I think it should be that everyone makes mistakes and just because someone works for Disney doesn't make them perfect.

Thank you for update,glad things worked out for you.::yes:: :wave2:

Thats GREAT news!! Fate really does have a strange way of working things out sometimes.......

Congrats........ And don't forget to bring some 'goodies' out on your cruise......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter