Have you been asked for your AAA card?

SeattleMark

Compulsive Planner and Research-aholic
When I made my reservation with my AAA discount, they mentioned that I'd need to show my AAA card at check in.

Do they really ask for this at check in?

We'll be at AKL, if that helps.

I was told the same thing by 2 different cm's and I was required to give them the number over the phone. I don't know that they always ask to see it but they certainly can. I'm sure they want to avoid people trying to get the AAA discount without actually being AAA members.

Have a good trip.

Im down here south of Seattle in Des Moines. We were also told that we would need our AAA card when we arrive(we havent purchased ours yet) and that they WOULD ask for it. I dont know but I think the 50 dollars or whatever it is is nothing compared to how much more we would have to pay without it. Mimimom :wave2:

At the Disneyland Hotels they have always asked us for it. This will be our first time at WDW, so I can't answer specifically, but if my DL experiences are true of Disney as a whole yes they do.

Just made my ressies and I had to give my AAA membership # for the AAA discounted room rate (come on Fl res. summer code!!! :wizard: ).

I was asked for my number, and exp date, when I made my reservation.

We just came back from a split stay at Poly and YC. At the Poly we had an AP discount and they asked for the card at YC we had AAA discount and they did not ask. Which was a big relief because My DH only brought his license and credit cards so I was a nervous wreck hoping they wouldn't ask. We did prepay our bill so this might have had something to do with it??

Yes, you do have to show your card at check in (at least in my experience, you do).

No, we were not asked to show our card at check-in the last 2 times we were at the BC. I always carry it, so it wouldn't have been a problem, and I wouldn't tempt fate by not bringing it...just in case! :goodvibes But I imagine they could call AAA to get the update that membership is valid if worse came to worse.

The confirmations say, for both AAA and AP rates. that you need a valid card/pass upon check-in. If you do not have the AAA card (or AP pass/voucher) they can charge you full rack rate.

Now, I don't think I have ever been asked for my AP, but I always have it.

Why take the risk?

We were NOT asked for our AAA# when we made reservations and had a split stay (1st night at All Star Sports and the remaining 6 nights at WL). We were not asked either time for the AAA card. They didn't even question it. I know that we were told the same thing and I did take it and so did my DH so that we would be assured to get the discount and wasn't asked. I wouldn't risk it but we certainly were not asked. Different CM's...I guess. :confused3

I have been asked to show my AAA card the one time I used it. I thought it very odd since I've never been asked for my AP the 6 or so times I've used it or the postcard the 2 times I've used one of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter