Have you ever changed your vacation destination at the last minute?

I also had a crazy change 7 years ago but for an amazing reason. Got to our cabin in the adirondacks that we rented for the week. Stayed first night and day. 9 pm second night got call that they had a lung for my FIL. It was just after DH took his medicine to help him sleep so I got to Pack up the three of us and drive us there nine hours straight through to Cleveland. Spent the week in Cleveland and got to watch them film the first avengers movie which was a block down from our hotel. The transplant went very well and we had to keep our two-year-old son occupied in the fountains outside the hospital. That little kid was such a trooper that week. And the owner of the cabin was kind enough to reimburse us for six out of the seven nights of our week even though I know He obviously lost money as a result and I never expected him to do that.

I've ended having to scrap vacation plans before because my boss begged me to come in to "put out a fire" even though I'd already been approved for vacation. And I had a non-refundable Priceline reservation. I thought maybe I could put out the fire in one day, so I called up the hotel and asked them if I could use the remainder of the reservation, and the answer was yes. However, it needed one more day. The odd thing is that I'd been asked something similar in the past and our company director even offered to cover any nonrefundable loss of deposit or nonrefundable transportation, even though I was able to go anyways.

I've gone camping when my wife freaked out when a bear showed up in our campground. She's seen bears before, but that night we found a hotel. It did manage to wipe out the convenience of camping right in the heart of our destination. She also wanted to a late checkout and stay in a real hotel room as long as we could, instead of heading back.

Not the last, last minute but my brother forgot to pay our AirBNB bill one trip so we had to scramble to find someplace to stay/go. We ended up on St. Simons in GAGA instead of FL.

We had a Spring Break beach trip to Siesta Key scheduled when my youngest was 16 months old, leaving the afternoon of Easter Monday. She broke her leg on a playground on Easter morning (torsion "Toddler's" fracture; we didn't realize it was broken at first because it didn't hurt unless she put weight on it), and when we got her to the pediatric ortho clinic the next morning, they put it in a cast and told us to keep her away from dirt and sand. :oops:

We very hurriedly switched to an offsite WDW trip instead. We lost one night's deposit on the beach hotel, but that was back in the era of no-expiration WDW tickets, and luckily we had leftover admission days available that we were able to use with no additional outlay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts